||This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ali Kazak addressing the National Press Club in Canberra, Australia 18.2.1987
Ali Kazak (Arabic: علي القزق) was a senior Palestinian diplomat. He is now the Managing Director of Southern Link International, a business, investment consultancy, and public relations company. He is the founder of the Australia-Arab Affairs Council and Palestine Publications.
Kazak was born in Haifa, Palestine, in 1947.
Kazak grew up in Syria as a Palestinian refugee. He and his mother were separated from his father when Israel was created in 1948 and were prevented from returning home. He did not see his father, who was living back in Haifa, for 48 years. In 1968, while at Damascus University, Kazak was invited to join the Palestine National Liberation Movement (Fateh) and joined its political wing. At the time the movement was underground, it is now the largest party within the PLO.
Kazak immigrated to Australia in 1970. He became active in pro-Palestinian Lobbying.
Early History in Australia
Kazak was the founder, publisher and co-editor of the Australian Newspaper Free Palestine (1979–90). He was also the publisher and editor of Background Briefing (1987–93), the book The Jerusalem Question (1997), which was translated into Portuguese and reprinted in Brazil, and the author of the book Australia and the Arabs (أستراليا والعرب, written in Arabic) in 2012, which was published by the Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, in Doha, Qatar. He also contributed a chapter in ‘Israel’s International Relations: Contexts, Tools, Success and Failures’ published in Arabic by MADAR (The Palestinian Forum for Israeli Studies) entitled ‘Israel’s Relations with Australia, New Zealand and the pacific region’. As well, he has written other booklets and publications on the Palestine question, and penned the Palestinian entry in the Encyclopedia of the Australian People put out by the Australian Government to commemorate Australia’s bicentennial in 1988. He also organised a number of Palestinian political and cultural exhibitions throughout Australia.
He was the founder and the driving force behind the establishment of the Palestine Human Rights Campaign on 30 May 1981 in a number of states in Australia (VIC, ACT, SA, WA and QLD) and in New Zealand's major cities, and other Palestinian community groups.
His activities in advocating for the Palestinian cause were recognised in 1981 with his appointment by the PLO Executive Committee as the PLO's representative to Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
In 1982 he established the Palestinian diplomatic mission in Australia under the name of the Palestine Information Office, which was recognised by the Australian government in 1989 as the office of the Palestine Liberation Organisation, and then further recognised in 1994 as the General Palestinian Delegation.
During a speaking tour of New Zealand in early 1982, Kazak met with the Foreign Minister Warren Cooper, which was the first official meeting with a PLO official by the NZ Government, and resulted in New Zealand’s recognition of the PLO. In 1982 Kazak led a delegation to the Middle East, comprising parliamentarians, clergy, academics and journalists from both Australia and New Zealand. It was the first-ever Arab-led delegation and was followed by other parliamentary delegations.
Kazak was the first Arab official to visit the South Pacific countries in 1985. He has been received by consecutive heads of governments, prime ministers and foreign ministers in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
His efforts were crucial in gaining recognition by the Republic of Vanuatu (1985), Papua New Guinea (1994) and East Timor (2004) of the State of Palestine and the establishment of full diplomatic relations with these countries. Kazak presented his credentials as the non-resident Ambassador of Palestine to the Republic of Vanuatu on 19 October 1989 and to the Democratic Republic of East Timor on 2 March 2004. He was also Ambassador-designate to Papua New Guinea (1994–2006).
Kazak was awarded the 20th Anniversary of Independence Medal by the president of Vanuatu, Rev. John Bani, on 30 July 2000, becoming the first Middle East ambassador to receive such an award throughout the Pacific and Australasian regions.
In May 1986 Kazak became the first person to call for adjudication by the Australian Press Council of untrue and stereotyped reporting of Palestinians by an Australian media outlet. The case was upheld by the Press Council in its adjudication of 27 August 1986. This was followed by other cases in which the Palestinian people were vilified by the media.
Kazak has presented three comprehensive submissions to the first, second and third inquires of the Federal Parliament's Human Rights Sub-Committee in 1992/93, 1993/94 and 1998/99 respectively, as well as a further submission to the Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee’s inquiry in 2000 on Australia’s relations with the Middle East. He has also been invited to appear at the committee's public hearings.
He has addressed and represented Palestine at numerous national and international conferences and forums. He was also invited to speak at international forums such as the (United Arab) Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research’s symposium ‘Australia and the Arab World’ in 2009, and has written articles in the mainstream Australian and international media. Kazak has appeared on national and international television and radio programs.
Kazak played a major role in obtaining the release of NZ hostages captured by the Iraqi army in Kuwait in 1990 and taken to Baghdad.
In the late 1990s Kazak initiated the establishment of the NSW State Parliamentary Friends of Palestine group (1998), the Australian Federal Parliamentary Friends of Palestine (1999), the Victorian Parliamentary Friends of Palestine (2002) and the South Australia Parliamentary Friends of Palestine (2003) and the New Zealand Parliamentary Friends of Palestine (1999).
Following the Declaration of Principles in 1993, Mr Kazak was able to return to Haifa in June 1995. He was reunited with his father for the first time in 48 years.
List of some articles by Ali Kazak
The Sydney Morning Herald
- “Middle East needs Israeli goodwill”, The Sydney Morning herald, 8.9.1993, P. 19.
- “Time for Israel to act”, The Sydney Morning Herald, 10.11.1995, P.12.
- “Time for the US to put an end to double standards”, Sunday Times, 1.3.1998
- “There is only one peaceful option”, The Sydney Morning Herald, 6.4.1999
- “No peace for Israel without a fair settlement for refugees”, The Sydney Morning Herald, 16.1.2001
- “Vote now to bring Palestine into UN”, The Sydney Morning Herald, 4.10.2011, P. 11 (Also printed in The Age and all major newspapers around Australia)http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/vote-now-to-bring-palestine-into-un-20111003-1l58t.html; http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/vote-now-to-bring-palestine-into-un-20111003-1l58t.html
- “A cry to be free in Israel, Palestinians fight for a homeland and against Israel’s ‘final solution’”, The Australian, 26.2.1988, P. 9.
- “Israel the spanner in Middle East machine”, The Australian, 23.2.1993
- “Israel settles on more tension and violence”, The Australian, 3.3.1997
- “Why there is no alternative to an independent Palestine”, The Australian, 18.11.1998
- “Israel is not above law”, The Australian, 23.7.2014, http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/opinion/israel-is-not-above-law/story-e6frgd0x-1226997936020.
- “Subjugation cannot be tolerated any longer”, The Age, 10.3.1988
- “Why PLO did not condemn Iraq”, The Age, 2.10.1990
- “Racism is not so easily rescinded as a UN vote”, The Age, 23.12.1991
- “Israel obliged to act on all extremists”, The Age, 11.11.1995, P. A23.
- “Israel’s threat to achieving real peace”, The Age, 5.9.2005, P.13.
The Financial Review
- “Israel, Palestinian conflict is not PR duel”, The Financial Review, 20.11.1990, P.19.
The Canberra Times
- “The real Gulf crisis still festers”, The Canberra Times, 11.3.1991
- “Australia is out of step with world”, the Canberra Times, 26.7.1993, P.11.
- “It’s time for Australia to review attitudes on the Middle East”, The Canberra Times, 29.10.1996
- “Peace overtures meet violence in Palestine”, Canberra Times, 17.12.2001
- “Palestinians’ 20 years of subjugation and misery”, The Advertiser, 23.3.1988
- “The West must act to bring true peace to Middle East”, The Advertiser, 25.5.2001
The Melbourne Herald
- “A response to the question – What Australia means to you?”, The Melbourne Herald, 20.1.1988
- “Put the heat on Israel”, Herald Sun, 30.9.1996
- “Hero or Villain?”, Sunday Herald Sun, 7.11.2004, P. 43.
- “Palestine-partition politics, It’s time for Australia to take a more independent political stance on Palestine”, arena Magazine, February–March 1997
- “Scapegoating and Scaremongering”, arena Magazine, December–January 2005-06, P. 23
- “In search of a Just Peace”, arena Magazine, February–March 2005, P. 13-14.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- “Put Australia on the right side of history”, ABC webpage -The Drum Opinion-, 3.10.2011. http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/3205854.html
- “Justice, not Deceit, will achieve Peace in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: A Response to Alan Johnson”, ABC Religion and Ethics, 31.07.2015. http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2015/07/31/4284463.html
- “Pope John Paul II’s Visit to the Holy Land Palestine”, Aurora, August/September 2000
Australian Muslim Times
- “Israeli arracks on Lebanon”, Australian Muslim Times, 6.8.1993, P.14.
- “What after Gaza-Jericho?”, Australian Muslim Times, 17.9.1993
Australian Muslim News
- “Yitzhak Rabin & Jewish Extremism”, Australian Muslim News, 4.12.1995, P.1.
The Middle East Times
- “Hypocrisy and double standards will not bring peace”, The Middle East Times, October 2004, P. 5.
- “Who is responsible – the Jews of the Zionists?”, Australian rationalist, Spring 2004, P. 27-31.
- “Justice is the path to peace”, Australian Options, Autumn 2002
- “Time for Israel to act”, Peace Courier, Nov-Dec 1995
- “Palestine – Why does nothing change?”, Broadside, 27.1.1993
South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
- “Peace buried under ‘colonised’ Palestinian land”, South china Morning Post, 28.12.2001
The Jakarta Post (Indonesia)
- “The true colors of Israel’s Palestine policy”, The Jakarta Post, 19.10.2005, P.7.
Pakistan Observer (Pakistan)
- Arafat a sumbol of freedom struggle, Pakistan Observer, 18.10.2004
Arab News (Saudi Arabia)
- Who Is Responsible — the Jews or the Zionists?, Arab News, Wednesday, 28, July, 2004 - http://www.arabnews.com/node/253006
- Double Standard Will not Bring Peace to Middle East, Arab News, Saturday, 9, October, 2004, P. 13. - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=52600&d=9&m=10&y=2004
- Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied, Arab News, Friday, 10, December, 2004 - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=55834&d=10&m=12&y=2004
- One Rule for Lebanon and Quite Another for Palestine, Arab News, Monday, 14, March, 2005 - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=60414&d=14&m=3&y=2005
- Fighting Terror: We Need to Deal With Underlying Causes, Factors, Arab News, Sunday, 17, July, 2005 - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=67063&d=17&m=7&y=2005
- Israel Working Against the Spirit of Two-State Solution, Arab News, Saturday, 3, September, 2005 - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=69476&d=3&m=9&y=2005
- Australia's Middle East Policy: Biased in Favor of Israel, Arab News, Saturday, 12, April, 2008 - http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&article=108854&d=12&m=4&y=2008
Al-Ahram Weekly (Egypt)
- “Questions of responsibility”, Al-Ahram Weekly, 14–20 October 2004 - http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2004/712/op14.htm
- “A state is not a war”, Al-Ahram Weekly 4–10 March 1999 - http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/1999/419/op5.htm
Khaleej Times (United Arab Emirates)
- “Israel learns no lesson from failed bids to crush Palestinian’ spirit”, Khaleej Times, 19.12.2000
- “Returne of refugees essential to Palestinian faith in peace”, Khaleej Times, 17.1.2001
- “World must rein in Ariel Sharon before it is too late”, Khaleej Times, 2.4.2001
- “Collapse of Mid-east peace process suits Sharon’s strategic objectives”, Khaleej Times, 3.5.2001
- “Discrimination on basis of race an open secret of Israel’s state policy”, Khaleej Times, 8.9.2001
- “Logic of war driving Israel’s cruel strategy of collective punishment”, Khaleej Times, 15.12.2001
- “Israeli fence: a wall of deprivation”, Khaleej Times, 4.11.2003
- “Talk about credibility”, Khaleej Times, 18.2.2003
- “How Sharon rips apart roadmap”, Khaleej Times, 17.4.2004
- “Palestinian children and Jewish state”, 27 Apr 2004 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle.asp?section=editorial&xfile=data/editorial/2004/april/editorial_april81.xml
- “No right to return?”, 5.12.2004 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?section=opinion&xfile=data/opinion/2004/december/opinion_december8.xml
- “Occupation, not Arafat, obstructs peace”, 15.11.2004 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/opinion/2004/November/opinion_November15.xml§ion=opinion&col=
- “It’s Israeli occupation, stupid”, 23.3.2005 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?section=opinion&xfile=data/opinion/2005/march/opinion_march45.xml
- “It's Western policies that feed Muslim extremism”,14.7.2005 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/opinion/2005/July/opinion_July37.xml§ion=opinion&col=
- “The Gaza pullout: How we fail to see the big picture”, 3.9.2005 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?section=opinion&xfile=data/opinion/2005/september/opinion_september3.xml
- “Compromising Australia’s national interests”, Khaleej Times, 4.4.2008
- “For enduring peace”, 28.2.2006 - http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?section=opinion&xfile=data/opinion/2006/february/opinion_february83.xml
Gulf News (United Arab Emirates)
- “Time to shun double standards”, Gulf News, 16.2.1998
Emirates News (United Arab Emirates)
- “Israel destroys peace process”, Emirates News, 30.9.1996
Jordan Times (Jordan)
- “Australia should lead and finally recognize the state of Palestine”, Jordan Times, 29.10.1996
- “Two choices for peace”, Jordan Times, 10.1.2001
The Jerusalem Times (Palestine)
- “Transparent intentions”, The Jerusalem Times, 18.10.1996
- “Australia and the Zionist lobby”, The Jerusalem Times, 29.11.1996
- “Jewish extremists should be held accountable”, The Jerusalem Times, 10.11.1995
- “The Gulf crisis: Where the PLO stands”, Al-Fajr, 3.9.1990, P.4.
- “Urgent need to address Palestinian question”, Al-Fajr (Palestine), 1.4.1991, P.8.
Palestine (PLO information bulletin)
- “The Palestinian uprising, A Cry to be Free”, Palestine, 1.6.1988, P. 22-23.
- “Dispossessed with my People”, Palestine, 1.9.1987, P. 12-14
Palestine Media Center
- Ali Kazak: “Who is Responsible- the Jews or the Zionists?”, Palestine Media Center, 17.8.2004
- Who is responsible – the Jews or the Zionists?, Al majdal, Spring 2005, P. 52-54. - http://www.badil.org/en/al-majdal/item/909-who-is-responsible-%E2%80%93-the-jews-or-the-zionists
The Palestine Monitor
- “Occupation, not Arafat, obstructs peace”, The Palestine Monitor, 11.11.2003
- “Bad Fences Make Bad Neighbors”, The Palestine Monitor, 28.10.2003
EB Benador Associates Public Relations (USA)
- “Who is Responsible – the Jews or the Zionist?, Benador Associates, 28.7.2004
Middle East Monitor
- “Palestinian refugees, and the day following the failure of the negotiations?”, 21.8.2013 http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/articles/middle-east/7017-palestinian-refugees-and-the-day-following-the-failure-of-the-negotiations.
- “The Missing Component in Defeating Terrorism”, 9.9.2014 http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/09/the-missing-component-in-defeating-terrorism/.
The Palestine Chronicle
- “Jewish State and Islamic State, Like Breeds Like”, 16.9.2014 http://www.palestinechronicle.com/jewish-state-and-islamic-state-like-breeds-like/#.VBhTshamzrY.
On Line Opinion
- “Anti-Islam: is history repeating itself?”, 27.2.2013 http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=14737&page=0
- “How is Wilders different to these?”, 8.3.2013 http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=14771&page=0
- “What is the Israeli Lobby in Australia Doing in Interfaith Dialogue?”, 11.10.2015 http://dissidentvoice.org/2015/10/what-is-the-israeli-lobby-in-australia-doing-in-interfaith-dialogue/
- “Israeli lobby exploits Australia's interfaith dialogue”, 11.10.2015 http://www.alternativenews.org/english/index.php/aicoment/1065-israeli-lobby-exploits-australia-s-interfaith-dialogue
- Working paper submitted to the United Nations Meeting of representatives of national institutions and organizations promoting tolerance and harmony and combating racism and racial discrimination, organized by the Centre for Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, Sydney 19–23 April 1993
Al-Bairaq – البيرق (Australia)
- .الأبوريجينالز أول الأستراليين"، البيرق، 17.8.1993 ، ص. 10 - The Aborigines, the First Australians”
Al-Teleghraph – التلغراف (Australia)
- .علاقة أستراليا مع فلسطين سياسة بحاجة للتوازن"، التلغراف، 15.11.1996، ص. 5"
- .إعادة طباعة المقال من جريدة الأستراليان في صحيفة التلغراف، 27.11.1998
“Why there is no alternative to an independent Palestine”, The Australian, 18.11.1998
- .مسؤولية أميركا في انهيار عملية السلام"، التلغراف، 28.5.1997، ص. 6"
Al-Nahar - النهار (Australia)
- .مباحثات السلام الفلسطينية-الإسرائيلية وإعلان الدولة الفلسطينية"، النهار، 23.2.1999"
- .سياسة نتنياهو تقود المنطقة إلى الهاوية"، جريدة النهار، 3.7.1997، ص. 25"
Al-Ayyam- جريدة الأيام(Palestine)
- .مفهوم السلام الإسرائيلي" 28 تشرين الثاني (نوفمبر) 2007" http://www.al-ayyam.com/article.aspx?did=71625&Date=11/28/2007
- .الـمطلوب إعادة تقييـم شامل للـمسيرة فلسطينياً وعربياً ودولياً" 6 شباط (فبراير) 2006" http://www.al-ayyam.ps/article.aspx?did=32864&Date=2/6/2006
- .علاقة أستراليا مع فلسطين: سياسة بحاجة للتوازن"، الأيام، 7.11.1996، ص. 11"
- .في مواجهة السياسة العدوانية الأمريكية"، الأيام، 17.5.1997، ص. 9"
AlQuds – القدس جريدة (Palestine)
- .دور المواطن العربي"، جريدة القدس، 3/5/2001، ص 15"
Majallat al-Derasat al-Falasiniyah مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية - (Lebanon)
- سياسة أستراليا تجاه فلسطين وإسرائيل والعالم العربي"، مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية، العدد 55 صيف 2003، ص 53-65
قائمة المحتويات - مؤسسة الدراسات الفلسطينية – المجلة
Falasteen Al-thaora – مجلة فلسطين الثورة(Lebanon)
- ساعة الباطل استغرقت 200 عام – عودة الشعب الأبوريجيني الأسترالي إلى الحياة.. أقدم السكان وأعرق الثقافات"، مجلة فلسطين الثورة، 12.9.1993، ص. 10-12.
- "تطور السياسة الأسترالية ازاء فلسطين"، مجلة فلسطين الثورة، 6.9.1992، ص. 24-26
Al-Quds Al-Arabi- القدس العربي(England)
- إعادة وحدة مصر والسودان هو الجواب والحل” 2010-06-10" http://www.alquds.co.uk/index.asp?fname=data/2010/06/06-10/09qpt78.htm
- القدس العربي، "خطة أمريكية تفوح منها رائحة عنصرية"، 12.1.2014 http://www.alquds.co.uk/?p=122335
- القدس العربي، " حق العودة خطّ رُسم بالدم الأحمر لا يمكن تجاوزه"، 20.12.2013
Al Sharq Al Awsa جريدة الشرق الأوسط - (England & Saudi Arabia)
- .سياسة أستراليا بحاجة للتوازن"، الشرق الأوسط، 27.11.1996"
- .إستسلام الفلسطينيين ..المنطق الحاكم الآن في إسرائيل"، جريدة الشرق الأوسط، 15.7.1997"
- .مسؤولية أمريكا في إنهيار عملية السلام"، الشرق الأوسط، 4.6.1997، ص. 17"
Alyaom Alsabea – مجلة اليوم السابع (France)
- السياسة الأسترالية في الشرق الأوسط - الكلام الجميل للعرب والتأييد الفعلي لإسرائيل"، مجلة اليوم السابع، 25.1.1988، ص. 8-9.
Almustaqbal – مجلة المستقبل (France)
- .اطلبوا اللبناني ولو في ...الصين"، مجلة المستقبل، 14.11.1981، ص. 88-89"
- .هل تكون أستراليا حصان طروادة الأميركي؟"، مجلة المستقبل، 25.7.1981، ص. 14"
Teshree جريدة تشرين - (Syria)
- "كيف نتصدى لإنحيز الولايات المتحدة المستمر إلى جانب "إسرائيل" وما هي مسؤولية الأحزاب والنقابات والمنظمات العربية"، صحيفة تشرين، 10.5.2001، ص 10
Al Khaleej جريدة الخليج -( United Arab Emirates)
- .حتى مملكة البوتان يا عرب"، جريدة الخليج، 4.4.2008"
- .المصالحة في ظل الإحتلال والعنصرية"، جريدة الخليج، 4.3.2008"
- .الكرة في الملعب العربي"، جريدة الخليج، 1.3.2006"
- .دور المواطن العربي"، جريدة الخليج، 1.5.2001، ص 16"
- .اللاجئون الفلسطينيون مفتاح السلام"، جريدة الخليج، 18.12.1999"
- Al Jazeera documentary on Ali Kazak 'Mawa'd fi al Mhjar'(A Date in the Country of Immigration) http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/E74627F0-72AB-4FC5-9612-16AD1207B46C.htm
- Papers of Ali Kazak, 1974-2008 [manuscript], National Library of Australia, http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/2344151
- “Managing Director – Profile”, Southern Link International
- “Ali Kazak becomes JWM associate”, JWM, 10 Sept. 2006
- Free Palestine, Published by A. Kazak, Melbourne, 1979 -1990, ISSN 0157-3845
- The Australian People; An Encyclopedia of the Nation, Its People and Their Origins, General editor James Jupp, Angus and Robertson, Australia 1988, P730
- Background Briefing, Published by A. Kazak, Canberra, 1987–1993, ISSN 1034-9189
- The Jerusalem Question, Edited by Ali Kazak, published by General Palestinian Delegation, Canberra, 1997, ISBN 0-646-28747-8
- Books: The Arabs and Australia
- “Treasures of Palestine exhibition”, Power House Museum, 17 Oct. 2003 – 26 Jan. 2004, http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/previous/palestine.php - Cached
- “Treasures of Palestine exhibition”, South Australia Museum, 3 Dec. 2004 – 30 Jan. 2005,  & 
- “Questions without notice – Palestine Liberation Organisation”, Parliament House of Australia, Senate Hansard page 297, 2 March 1989, 
- “PLO beckons MPs”, The Dominion, New Zealand, 4 May 1982, P2
- “Palestinians’ image concerns visitor”, The Star, New Zealand, 28 April 1982. P3
- “The Case for Palestine”, by Vernon Wright, NZ Listener, New Zealand, 15 May 1982, P 18-19
- “Emit receives fact-finding mission”, Daily Gulf Times, UAE, 11 Oct. 1982, front page
- “Pacific tour”, Free Palestine, Melbourne – Australia, May–June 1985, P9
- Official communiqué of the Vanuatu Government, Port Vila – Vanuatu, 9 May 1985
- “Envoy in Fiji to state the Palestinians’ case”, Fiji Times, Suva – Fiji, 14 Mau 198
- “Questions without notice – Palestine Liberation Organisation”, Parliament House of Australia, Senate Hansard page 1433, 30 May 1990, 
- ‘Recognition of States - non-recognition of "Palestine" - status of the Palestine Liberation Organisation in Australia’, Australian Year Book of International Law1990, P 236 - 237, 
- “Howard meets Palestinian delegate”, ABC News, 11 Jul. 2003
- Vanuatu recognised PLO”, Vanuatu Weekly, Port vila – Vanuatu, 20.10.1989
- “Vanuatu and Palestine establish full diplomatic relations”, Vanguard, Melbourne - Australia, 8 Nov. 1989
- “President Xanana Gusmão to receive new Palestinian Ambassador”, Ministry of Foreign Affairs press release, Dili - Timor-Leste, 1 March 2004, 
- “PLO man in for talks”, Papua New Guinea Post-courier, Port Moresby- Papua New Guinea, 1 Nov. 1989
- Papua New Guinea, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, press release No. 89, 31 Oct. 1989
- “Man denied right of reply, says press council”, the Age, Melbourne – Australia, 3 Sept. 1986
- Administrative Decisions Tribunal of New South Wales Proceedings concern a complaint of racial vilification made by Mr Ali Kazak against The Australian Financial Review, 27 March 2000 http://www.law.mq.edu.au/.../ADT NSW Kazac v Fairfax case 2000.htm - Cached
- See reports on these subjects by the Joint Standing Committee on Human Rights and Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade
- “Conviction with Compassion: A Report on Freedom of Religion and Belief”, Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade, Presented to both Houses of Parliament on 27 November 2000. 18 Nov. 2002 
- Australia's efforts to promote and protect freedom of religion and belief : [Joint Committee Hansard], Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade : 24/09/99 : KAZAK , Mr Ali , Head, General Palestinian Delegation Collection: Committees - ID: committees/commjnt/j0000344.sgm/0007 - Source: Joint, 
- Australia's relations with the Middle East, Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Subcommittee : 26/02/2001 :: Joint Committee Hansard Collection: Committees - ID: committees/commjnt/4487/0005 - Source: Joint, 
- Full report for Australia's Relations with the Middle East record of adherence to prior agreements has been either grudging, incomplete, Date: 21/07/2010 - Collection: Committees - Sub Collection: HoR Committee Reports, ID: www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jfadt/Mideast/MEreport.pdf - Size: 3.3 Mb 
- “PM, PLO talks upset NZ Jewry”, by Cate Brett, Christchurch Star, Christchurch – New Zealand, 3.10.1990, P3