|Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council|
29 December 2018 – 30 December 2018
|Preceded by||Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi|
|Succeeded by||Sadeq Larijani|
1 February 2017 – 14 August 2017
|Preceded by||Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani|
|Succeeded by||Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi|
|Tehran's Ephemeral Friday Prayer Imam|
|Assumed office |
2 December 2012
|Appointed by||Ali Khamenei|
|Member of Assembly of Experts|
|Assumed office |
24 May 2016
14 July 1983 – 24 May 2016
|Member of the Parliament|
28 May 1984 – 28 May 2000
|Constituency||Tehran, Rey, Shemiranat and Eslamshahr|
|Majority||1,025,629 (44.6%; 5th term)|
28 May 1980 – 28 May 1984
1931 (age 87–88)
|Political party||Combatant Clergy Association|
|Islamic Republican Party (1979–1987)|
Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Movahedi-Kermani (Persian: محمدعلی موحدی کرمانی) is Tehran's Friday Prayer Ephemeral Imam and the former secretary-general of Combatant Clergy Association. He is also a member of the Assembly of Experts.
Movahedi-Kermani asserts that one must adhere to the instruction of the Chief Islamic Jurisprudent, according to the doctrine of Velayat-e faqih. He also believes that the United States is trying to "portray the clergy and religion as failures."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ali Movahedi-Kermani.|
- Ervand Abrahamian (1989). Radical Islam: the Iranian Mojahedin. I.B.Tauris. p. 45. ISBN 9781850430773.
- "Islamic Consultative Assembly -5th Majlis: (July 2000)". Archived from the original on 2007-02-20. Retrieved 2007-01-30.
- Results of Assembly of Experts elections in some provinces - Irna Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- "Assembly of Experts members" (in Persian). Assembly of Experts. Archived from the original on 20 October 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Iran Revolutionary Guards chief: U.S. losing in Iraq, Middle East
- Iran Report 20 May 2002
Ali Akbar Parvaresh
| 2nd Vice Speaker of Parliament of Iran
Mohammad Reza Khatami
|Party political offices|
Mohammad Reza Mahdavi Kani
| Secretary-General of the Combatant Clergy Association
|This article about an Iranian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|