|Organization||National Immigration Forum|
Ali Noorani (born 1974) is an American nonprofit leader who has been the Executive Director of the National Immigration Forum, a Washington, D.C.- based immigration policy organization, since 2008.
Noorani was born in California in 1974, the son of Pakistani immigrants. He completed a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of California, Berkeley in 1996, and a master's degree in Public Health at Boston University in 1999. Noorani then served as the Director of Public Health for the Dorchester House Multi-Service Center and Codman Square Health Center, two large community health centers in Boston, and worked for the City of Boston coordinating funding and technical assistance to regional environmental projects. Before joining the Forum, Noorani was Executive Director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA).
Noorani is a frequent voice on immigration policy and politics, and he has appeared on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC News, ABC News, and various radio and local news programs. He has been quoted in newspapers including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today, and he speaks regularly on immigration at conferences and college campuses.
Noorani has led the Forum through a transition process to broaden its focus on unlikely allies and creative alliance building toward a better for future for immigrants and America. The National Immigration Forum has accreditation from the Better Business Bureau and a four-star rating from Charity Navigator.
Noorani was featured in the 2009 documentary Papers – the movie. Papers is the story of undocumented youth and the challenges they face as they turn 18 without legal status.
He also appeared in Story 12 of How Democracy Works Now, a 12-part documentary film series that examines the American political system through the lens of immigration reform from 2001 to 2007. The series was directed and produced by award-winning filmmaking team Shari Robertson and Michael Camerini. A cut of the film premiered on HBO in March 2010, under the title The Senator's Bargain.
- There Goes the Neighborhood: How Communities Overcome Prejudice and Meet the Challenge of American Immigration, Prometheus Books (2017)
- “Conservatives Agree, Immigration Reform Can Be Good Policy and Good Politics,” Fox News Latino, October 17, 2012
- “Candidates, here's how to fix immigration,” CNN.com, August 27, 2012
- “Today, America welcomes young immigrants,” CNN.com, August 15, 2012
- “US Immigration System at its Worst,” Boston Globe, March 9, 2007
- “Race, Class, and the Emergence of an Immigrant Rights Movement in the United States,” The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs, Winter 2007 Vol 31:1
- Immigration – Times Topics – The New York Times
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild - Boston, Massachusetts
- Walsh, Megan (March 27, 2015). "How A Wise-Cracking Liberal Won Over Conservatives - On Immigration". The Daily Dose. Ozy. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "There Goes the Neighborhood: The Challenge of American Immigration". UC Berkeley Homecoming Events. University of California, Berkeley. October 2017. Archived from the original on January 3, 2018. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Ali Noorani ('99) Named 'Rising Star and Provocateur' for Issue Advocacy Skills". Boston University School of Public Health. Boston University. April 2, 2015. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Ali Noorani, National Immigration Forum, Executive Director | C-SPAN
- Lou Dobbs Tonight – Fox Business
- Driver's license rules fuel new immigration debate - CNN.com
- Monday, July 12th - NBC News - The Ed Show | NBC News
- Groups demand action on immigration – First Read
- Page 2: Navy Immigrant Recruits Naturalized at Boot Camp Ceremony - ABC News
- Evangelical Leaders Urge Immigration Shakeup - WSJ.com
- Immigrant Rights Groups Unhappy With Supreme Court's Mixed Decision - NYTimes.com
- First group of delayed young deportees approved
- Immigration reform is front and center for tech sector — and Obama — Tech News and Analysis
- Boston College Front Row - Deportation, Migration, and Human Rights
- Forging a New Consensus – National Immigration Forum
- National Immigration Forum - Charity Reports - Give.org
- Charity Navigator Rating – National Immigration Forum
- "Papers the Movie: Stories of Undcoumented Youth". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- HBO: The Senators Bargain: Home
- "Winter 2007 Vol 31:1 | Tufts Fletcher School". Archived from the original on 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2012-11-16.