Ali Rehman Khan
|Ali Rehman Khan|
University of London|
University College of Islamabad
|Occupation||Actor, model and Project manager|
Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hugi
Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se
Ali Rehman Khan (Pashto /Urdu: علی رحمان خان) is a Pakistani television, film and theater actor. He is known for his debut work in the drama serial Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se on Hum TV, which earned him a Hum Award for Best Television Sensation Male at the 2nd Hum Awards.[not in citation given] He marked his film debut in the controversial film Slackistan.
Early life and education
Rehman made his debut TV in the Hum TV drama serial Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se. He then starred in the 2014 drama serial Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hugi. He played Suhaib Bakhtiyar Khan in his third drama serial Diyar-e-Dil which was premiered on 17 March 2015 along with Hareem Farooq, Meekal Zulfiqar and Sanam Saeed.
Khan's film credits include Slackistan and the comedy-drama Gol Chakkar. Both films are still unreleased; Slackistan was banned by Central Board of Film Censors (CBFC), Pakistan due to strong language and dialogue. Gol Chakkar was approved and was screened in October 2012. He was cast in the romantic-comedy film Janaan with fellow television actors Bilal Ashraf and Armeena Khan. The film is set to be released on 13 September 2016.
|2013||Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se||Arsal|
|2014||Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hugi||Aazar|
|2015||Diyar-e-Dil||Suhaib Bakhtiyar Khan|
|2018||Main Khayal Hoon Kisi Aur Ka||Zaryab Safdar|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se||Hum Award for Best Television Sensation||Won|||
|2015||Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hugi||Hum Award for Best Actor Popular/Viewers Choice||Nominated||[not in citation given]|
- "Best Performance by an New Actor-Ali Rehman Khan New TV Sensation Male".
- Sibtain, Momina (26 January 2011). "Slackistan: Forbidden – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Ali Rehman Khan". Tribune. 20 November 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Raza, Munnazzah (23 August 2016). "Hollywood films stereotype Pakistan's Pathans as the bad guys, says Janaan director". Dawn. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Ali Rehman Khan – Arsal of Rishtey Kuch Adhoray Sey". Review it. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi- The end". review It. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Dayar e Dil New Drama Coming Soon on Hum Tv". Blogs Of Dramas Online. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Slackistan: A Film by Hammad Khan". Slackistanthemovie.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Imtiaz, Saba (25 January 2011). "Slackistan banned in Pakistan – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Sher Khan (16 September 2012). "Gol Chakkar set for premier in October". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Just in: Reham Khan announces Janaan's cast and crew on Twitter". DAWN.com. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "ARY FILMS announce to release Reham Khan's Janaan". ARY News. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Second HUM Awards to be aired on 29th, 2014". Sadia Malik. Daily Mail. 7 March 2014. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "2013 Hum Awards winners". Correspondent. Dawn News. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.