Ali bin Hamud of Zanzibar
Ali was proclaimed Sultan of Zanzibar on 20 July 1902, following the death of his father, the seventh Sultan, two days earlier. There was a regency until he attained majority. He served only a few years as sultan because of illness. On 9 December 1911 he abdicated in favour of his brother-in-law Khalifa bin Harub Al-Busaid.
(abdicated in 1911, but kept styles as Sultan) .
- King Edward VII Coronation Medal-1902
- Special Class in brilliants of the Nishan-e-Osmanieh of the Ottoman Empire-1905
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown of Italy-1905
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Red Eagle, 1st Class of Prussia-1905
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa of Portugal-1905
- King George V Coronation Medal-1911
Hamud bin Muhammad
|Sultan of Zanzibar
Khalifa bin Harub
|This Zanzibari biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of an African royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|