Aliante Casino and Hotel
|Aliante Casino and Hotel|
|Location||North Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||7300 North Aliante Parkway|
|Opening date||November 11, 2008|
|Number of rooms||211|
|Total gaming space||125,000 sq ft (11,600 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||MRKT Sea & Land
The Salted Lime
Medley Buffet (formerly known as Feast Buffet)
|Previous names||Aliante Station (2008–2012)|
The $662-million Aliante Station project was first announced on December 20, 2005 by Station Casinos. The casino was a joint venture between Station Casinos and the Greenspun Corporation, who had previously partnered in developing Green Valley Ranch. Greenspun contributed the 40-acre site, part of its Aliante planned community. The target market was expected to include the 6,500 households in Aliante and visitors to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, among other locals and travelers.
Aliante Station opened on November 11, 2008, at 10:40 p.m. Aliante was originally going to open at 11:11 p.m., however due to such a large crowd and traffic, the casino opened sooner. Before the opening, a fireworks show was provided for the public.
After Station Casinos filed for bankruptcy in July 2009, Aliante was handed over in November 2011 to its creditors, a group of nine banks and three private equity firms that were owed more than $378 million, while the property's estimated liquidation value was only $47–53 million. ALST Casino Holdco LLC was created to own the resort, with its largest shareholders being Apollo Global Management (20%), Standard General (28%) and TPG Capital (20%). Station continued to manage Aliante under an agreement with the new owners until November 1, 2012.
- ALST Casino Holdco LLC (November 4, 2011). "2.01". Form 8-K (Report). Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage". Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- Green, Steve (November 17, 2011). "Changes disclosed in Aliante Station management contract". Vegas Inc. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Gaming board confident Aliante can survive times". Casino City Times. October 9, 2008. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Finnegan, Amanda (November 12, 2008). "Fireworks mark opening of Aliante Station". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved November 13, 2008.
- Green, Steve (May 22, 2011). "Las Vegas commercial mortgage delinquencies lead nation, hit $2.9 billion". Vegas Inc. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Ryan, Cy (October 6, 2011). "Gaming Control Board backs Aliante Station transfer to new owners". Vegas Inc. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Sieroty, Chris (October 30, 2012). "Aliante Gaming taking over management of Aliante Station". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- J.D. Morris (April 21, 2016). "Boyd Gaming to purchase Aliante casino for $380 million". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2016-04-21.