This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Cloud computing, Web services|
Alibaba Cloud (Chinese: 阿里云; pinyin: Ālǐ yún; literally: Ali Cloud; formerly: Aliyun), a subsidiary of Alibaba Group, is a cloud computing company. Alibaba Cloud provides cloud computing services to online businesses and Alibaba Group's own e-commerce ecosystem. Alibaba Cloud's international operations are registered and headquartered in Singapore, and the company has regional headquarters in Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, San Mateo, Seoul, Africa, Sydney and Tokyo.
Alibaba Cloud offers cloud services. Services are available on a pay-as-you-go basis and include data storage, relational databases, big-data processing, Anti-DDoS protection and content delivery networks (CDN).
Outside of the status as the largest cloud computing company in China, Alibaba Cloud operates in 18 data center regions and 42 availability zones around the globe. As of June 2017, Alibaba Cloud is placed in the Visionaries' quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Worldwide.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2018)
- September 2009 – Alibaba Cloud is founded and R&D centers and operation centers are subsequently opened in Hangzhou, Beijing, and Silicon Valley.
- November 2010 – Supported the first Single's Day (11.11) Taobao shopping festival, with 2.4 billion PV in 24 hours.
- November 2012 – Became the first Chinese cloud service provider to pass ISO27001:2005 (Information Security Management System).
- January 2013 – Merged with HiChina for www.net.cn business.
- August 2013 – ApsaraDB architecture supported 5000 physical machines in a single cluster.
- December 2014 – Defended a 14-hour long DDoS attack, peaking at 453.8Gbit/s.
- May 2014 – Hong Kong data center went online.
- October 2015 – Two US data centers went online.
- July 2015 – Alibaba Group invested a further 1 billion USD to Alibaba Cloud.
- August 2015 – Alibaba Cloud’s first Singapore data center opened. Singapore is announced as Alibaba Cloud’s overseas headquarters.
- October 2015 – MaxCompute took the lead of the Sort Benchmark, sorting 100TB data in 377s compared with Apache Spark's previous record of 1406s.
- October 2015 – Alibaba Cloud Computing Conference was held in Hangzhou and attracted over 20,000 developers.
- November 2015 – Supported the 11.11 shopping festival with a record of $14.2 billion transactions in 24 hours.
- April 2016 – Alibaba Cloud partnered with SK Holdings C&C to provide cloud services to Korean and Chinese companies.
- May 2016 – Alibaba Group and SoftBank formalized joint venture to launch cloud services in Japan that utilize technologies and solutions from Alibaba Cloud.
- June 2016 – Alibaba Cloud expanded its data center operations in Singapore with the establishment of a second availability zone. Alibaba Cloud also achieved two new certifications overseas: Singapore Multi-Tier Cloud Security (MTCS) standard Level 3, and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- November 2016 - Alibaba Cloud partnered with Vodafone Germany for Data Center operation and to provide cloud services to German and European companies.
- January 2017 – Alibaba became the official cloud services provider of the Olympics.
- June 2017 – Alibaba Cloud is placed in the Visionaries quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Worldwide.
- July 2017 – Alibaba Cloud official website is changed from intl.aliyun.com to www.alibabacloud.com.
- September 2017 – Alibaba Cloud partners with Malaysia's Fusionex to provide cloud solutions in Southeast Asia.
- October 2017 – Alibaba Cloud partners with Elastic and launches a new service called Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch.
- October 2017 - Alibaba Cloud Malaysia data center commences operations.
- December 2017 - Alibaba Cloud India data center commences operations.
- February 2018 - Alibaba Cloud Indonesia data center commences operations.
Data Center Regions
Alibaba Cloud has 18 regional data centres globally, including China North, China South, China East, US West, US East, Europe, Middle East, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, India, and Indonesia.
- Eileen Yu (2017-08-18). "Alibaba's fiscal 2017 revenue climbs 56 percent on cloud, mobile commerce growth | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "PCCW Global and Alibaba Cloud expand strategic cooperation to collaboratively protect businesses against cyber attacks". 2016-08-25. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- Barb Darrow. "Alibaba backs Aliyun cloud with another billion dollars". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- Hang Zhi Cheng (2015-10-30). "AliCloud Technology Sets World Sorting Records Company's FuxiSort solution sorts 100TB of data in 377 seconds". The Tech Revolutionist. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Markteintritt in Europa: Alibaba Cloud setzt auf Rechenzentrum von Vodafone Deutschland - Vodafone Medien". Vodafone Medien (in German). 2016-11-21. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Vodafone Partnership". www.alibabacloud.com. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Fitz Tepper (2017-01-19). "Alibaba is now the official cloud services provider of the Olympics". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- Jordan Novet (2017-06-15). "Alibaba just got a huge vote of confidence in the cloud war against Amazon and Microsoft". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Alibaba Cloud International Website Official Domain Name Change". www.alibabacloud.com. 2017-07-04. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Alibaba Cloud partners with Malaysia's Fusionex to provide cloud solutions in Southeast Asia".
- "Alibaba Cloud to Offer Elasticsearch, Kibana, and X-Pack in China".
- "Alibaba Cloud Malaysia Data Center Commences Operations".
- "Alibaba Cloud Opens New Data Center in India | Alizila.com". Alizila.com. 2017-12-19. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Yu, Eileen. "Alibaba opens data centre in Indonesia | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Alibaba Cloud (2017-09-06). "SUSS and Alibaba Cloud to Spur Entrepreneurship With New Accredited Program". Retrieved 2018-05-26.