Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club
The Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club (first known as The Alice B. Toklas Memorial Democratic Club) is a San Francisco-based association and political action committee for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Democrats.
The club is currently active in its endorsement of Democratic candidates in the San Francisco area.
Founded in 1971 by activists Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, Beth Elliott, and Jim Foster, it was the first organization for gay Democrats in the United States.  It is named after lesbian writer and San Francisco native Alice B. Toklas. The club has been known for its more moderate approach and in 1976, local LGBT activists broke off to form the more progressive Harvey Milk Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Democratic Club.
The club hosts an annual breakfast during Pride. In 2016, the event was attended by more than 800 people and was addressed by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, several members of Congress, and several state and local elected leaders.
- Warren J. Blumenfeld, Diane Christine Raymond, Looking at Gay and Lesbian Life Beacon Press, 1993
- The happy couple, The Guardian (June 25, 2008), pp. P18. Retrieved on September 20, 2008.
- "History of Alice". Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club. 2015.
- Love, Barbara J; Cott, Nancy, eds. (2015). "Feminists Who Changed America, 1963-1975". University of Illinois Press. p. 133.
- John Bassett Mccleary, Hippie Dictionary: A Cultural Encyclopedia of the 1960s and 1970s, Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, May 22, 2013
- Shilts, Randy (1982). The Mayor of Castro Street. New York: St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-52331-9.
- Laird, Cynthia (June 30, 2016). "Orlando takes center stage at Alice breakfast". The Bay Area Reporter.
|This article about a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Francisco-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|