Alice Independent School District
|Alice Independent School District|
|2 Coyote Trail
ESC Region 2
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr.Grace Everett |
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||367.06 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.7 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football & Basketball|
|Colors||Burnt Orange, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Alice Independent School District is a public school district based in Alice, Texas (USA). In addition to Alice, the district also serves the communities of Rancho Alegre, Alice Acres, Coyote Acres, and Owl Ranch-Amargosa.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,086,514,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.026 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Unacceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in ten schools.
- High schools
- Alice High School (Grades 9-12)
- Middle schools
- Adams Middle (Grades 7-8)
- Intermediate schools
- Dubose Intermediate (Grades 5-6)
- Memorial Intermediate (Grades 5-6)
- Elementary schools
- Hillcrest Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Garcia Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Noonan Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Saenz Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Salazar Elementary (Grades K-4)
- Schallert Elementary (Grades PK-4)
Alice High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Alice High School will play football in UIL Class 4A.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Alice ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Alice Independent School District: Staff".
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Alice High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.