Alice Svensson at Sommarkrysset 2009
|Birth name||Alice Cecilia Linh Svensson|
11 June 1991 |
|Genres||Pop, Soul, Rock|
|Associated acts||Kevin Borg|
Alice Cecilia Linh Svensson (born 11 July 1991) is a Swedish singer and Idol 2008 runner-up. Svensson was adopted from Vietnam, and moved to Sweden with her family when she was 10 months old, and she has since resided in Hedesunda,
Alice was a member of the pop group Popcorn, releasing a record with them at the age of 13. She has participated in a number of talent shows like Super Troupers in 2004, talent show Joker 2006 where Svensson became first-runner up, in Talang show in 2007, and the TV4 children's show Lattjo lajban with live performance in all. She won the talent show Popkorn 2007.
Finally, Svensson took part in the Swedish Idol series, Idol 2008.
She sang the following songs:
- Audition - "Ain't No Other Man"
- First qualifying week - "Beautiful Disaster"
- Second qualifying week - "Fighter"
- Third qualifying week - "Beautiful Disaster"
- 5-års theme - "These Words
- 1990s theme - "Ironic"
- ABBA theme - "Lay All Your Love on Me"
- Various theme - "Min kärlek"
- Rock theme - "Heaven's on Fire"
- Soul theme - "I Say a Little Prayer
- Duets - "You're the One That I Want"
- Love theme - "Because of You" and "Crazy in Love"
- Gospel theme - "Shackles" and "Independent Woman"
- Jury selection - "Keep This Fire Burning" and "Girlfriend"
- Final - "So What" (Own choice), "Heaven's on Fire" (Viewers' choice) and "With Every Bit of Me" (Final song).
On November 14, 2008, the Swedish media reported that her rendition of "Heaven's on Fire" had been posted on the hard rock band Kiss' official homepage by members of the group who liked it. She finished first runner-up to winner Kevin Borg.
In May 2009, she signed a recording contract and released her debut solo single "Lady Luck". In 2009, she also collaborated with the Swedish singer Jonathan Fagerlund in the latter's second album Welcome to My World where she was featured in Fagerlund's song "Save Our Yesterdays".
In 2017, Alice participated at Melodifestivalen, the Swedish pre-selection of Eurovision Song Contest. In the fourth semi-final, she performed with the song "Running with Lions". She could not qualify for the final show or the second chance show as she ranked fifth.
- With Popcorn
- Solo singles
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Heaven's on Fire"||2008||35||Non-album single|
|"I Wanna Live"||2010||—|
|"Running with Lions"||2017||81
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
- Moniqa Swälas 026-159628 email@example.com. "Alice på väg mot stjärnorna - Gävle" (in Swedish). www.gd.se. Retrieved 2012-08-09.[dead link]
- Stefan Andersson 026-159640 firstname.lastname@example.org (2008-09-26). "Ska Alice från Hedesunda bli årets stora Idol? - Nöje" (in Swedish). www.gd.se. Archived from the original on 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080116011459/http://www.lingman.se/popcorn.asp. Archived from the original on January 16, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2008. Missing or empty
-  Archived September 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081102014231/http://www.tv4.se/1.283438?videoId=1.695854&%3Brenderingdepartment=2.19545. Archived from the original on November 2, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2008. Missing or empty
- "Discography Alice Svensson". Swedish Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- "Sverigetopplistan - Sveriges Officiella Topplista". Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 18 March 2017.