Dr. Alice Twemlow is a writer, critic and educator whose work focuses on graphic design.
Twemlow earned a Ph.D from the History of Design program run as a joint venture by the Royal College of Art and the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. She has been a guest critic at the Yale University School of Art, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), and Rhode Island School of Design (RISD). In 2006 the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York named Twemlow the chair and co-founder of its Master of Fine Arts in Design Criticism (D-Crit). According to her SVA biography: “Alice Twemlow writes for Eye, Design Issues, I.D., Print, New York magazine and The Architect’s Newspaper.”  Twemlow is also a contributor to the online publication: Voice: AIGA Journal of Design. In 2012 Core77 selected Twemlow as a jury captain for the “Design Writing and Commentary” category of the Core77 Design Awards. Twemlow is currently head of the MA in Design Curating & Writing at Design Academy Eindhoven, Lector Design at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts (KABK) in The Hague, and Senior University Lecturer (guest) at Leiden University.
- 365: AIGA Year in Design 23, AIGA, 2003. (ISBN 978-1884081033)
- With Lucas Dietrich, StyleCity New York, Thames & Hudson, 2003. (ISBN 978-0500210079)
- What is Graphic Design For? (Essential Design Handbooks), RotoVision, 2006. (ISBN 978-2940361076)
- Sifting the Trash: A History of Design Criticism, MIT Press, 2017. (ISBN 978-0262035989)
- The Raw Materials of Fiction, Baseline 25, edited by Mike Daines & Hans Dieter Reichert, Bradbourne Publishing, 1998.
- Forensic Types, Eye, No. 54, Vol. 14 edited by John L. Walters, Haymarket, London, Winter 2004. 
- The Decriminalization of Ornament, Eye, No. 58, Vol. 15 edited by John L. Walters, Haymarket, London, Winter 2005. 
- Well Hung, Grafik Magazine, No. 126, February 2005. — An article on artist Ryan McGinness.
- No Muscles, No Tattoos, Eye, No. 61, Vol. 16 edited by John L. Walters, Haymarket, London, Autumn 2006. 
- Bio from the University of Minnesota's Design Institute
- SVA News: SVA announces Master of Fine Arts in Design Criticism
- The Dark Prince, an online article on Peter Saville by Alice Twemlow.
- Design Observer Author Profile
- Interview on Scratching the Surface (December 27, 2017)
- "Core77 Design Awards 2012: Meet the Jury, Alice Twemlow - Design Writing and Commentary - Core77". Core77. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Alice Twemlow appointed Lector Design | KABK". KABK. KABK. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Alice Twemlow, Head Master Design Curating & Writing". www.designacademy.nl. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Alice Twemlow". Leiden University. Retrieved 2018-04-13.