Alice in Wonderland (2000 video game)
|Alice in Wonderland|
|Developer(s)||Digital Eclipse Software
Left Field Productions
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Color|
Alice in Wonderland is a platform video game developed by Digital Eclipse Software and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy Color. It was released in North America on October 4, 2000. The game follows the plot of the 1951 animated Disney film of the same name.
Alice in Wonderland follows the plot of the 1951 animated Disney film of the same name. The game begins with the player as Alice following the White Rabbit down its hole. The plot is used to change the level design from stage to stage, and gives the player a more varied experience through gameplay.
The game changes the level design based on different stages from the film. Alice changes sizes throughout the game, which makes the platform gameplay feel different throughout the game. Levels often deviate from the main platform areas and include other types of sections: one example is where Alice is placed in her miniature form into a bottle and must navigate rapids. The game includes Game Boy Printer support.
Alice in Wonderland received mostly positive reviews from critics, who praised the game's visual quality; currently, the game has received a compilation score of 73.50% from review aggregate website GameRankings. GameSpot's Tim Tracy felt that the game offered some of the best graphics and gameplay for any portable system. He felt that the game's sound was its weak point. IGN's Craig Harris felt that the game's platform variety was one of its strongest points. He questioned, however, the inclusion difficult areas which could only be completed through trial and error; he thought that younger children playing the game would have difficulty getting past the sections.
- Harris, Craig (September 29, 2000). "Disney's Alice in Wonderland". IGN. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Tracy, Tim (October 4, 2000). "Alice in Wonderland Review (GBC)". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 1 July 2010. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- "Alice in Wonderland for Game Boy Color". GameRankings. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- Woods, Nick. "Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on November 13, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Smith, Shawn (January 2001). "Alice in Wonderland (GBC)". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Archived from the original on January 26, 2001. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- "REVIEW for Alice in Wonderland". GameFan. October 18, 2000.
- "Alice in Wonderland (GBC)". Nintendo Power. 137. October 2000.