Alice von Hildebrand
|Alice von Hildebrand|
March 11, 1923|
|Alma mater||Fordham University|
|Occupation||philosopher, theologian, professor, lecturer, author|
|Spouse(s)||Dietrich von Hildebrand|
Von Hildebrand revealed that Bella Dodd, a friend of her and her husband who reverted to Catholicism in April 1952, had confessed privately to them and also publicly at a conference in Orange, California that she had assisted with a communist infiltration of Catholic seminaries.
Von Hildebrand retired in 1984. She lives in the United States and is a lecturer and author. She has made more than 80 appearances on EWTN television programming. In 2004 she launched the Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project with some of her husband's former students. Her works include The Soul of a Lion: The Life of Dietrich von Hildebrand (2000), a biography of her husband, and her autobiography, Memoirs of a Happy Failure (2014), which recounts her escape from Nazi Europe and her teaching career at Hunter College.
Von Hildebrand is a Dame Commander of the Order of St. Gregory the Great, a papal knighthood.
In 1959, Jourdain married philosopher and theologian Dietrich von Hildebrand (1889–1977), having met him at Fordham University in New York City, where she was a student and he was a professor. (Dietrich von Hildebrand's first wife had died in 1957.). They remained married until his death.
- Greek Culture, the Adventure of the Human Spirit, editor (G. Braziller, 1966)
- Introduction to a Philosophy of Religion (Franciscan Herald Press, 1970)
- By Love Refined: Letters to a Young Bride (Sophia Institute Press, 1989)
- Women and the Priesthood (Franciscan University Press, 1994) ISBN 0-940535-72-6
- By Grief Refined: Letters to a Widow (Franciscan University Press, 1994)
- Memoiren und Aufsätze gegen den Nationalsozialismus, 1933–1938, with Dietrich von Hildebrand and Rudolf Ebneth, (Matthias-Grünewald-Verlag, 1994) ISBN 978-3-7867-1737-9
- Soul of a Lion: Dietrich Von Hildebrand; A Biography (Ignatius Press, 2000) ISBN 0-89870-801-X
- The Privilege of Being a Woman (Veritas Press, 2002)
- Man and Woman: A Divine Invention (Ignatius Press, 2010) ISBN 1-932589-56-2
- Memoirs of a Happy Failure, with John Henry Crosby (Saint Benedict Press, 2014) ISBN 978-1-618901-26-2
- "Alice von Hildebrand". Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- The Vortex—Infiltration! (YouTube video). Church Militant. January 29, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- von Hildebrand, Alice; Crosby, John Henry. Memoirs of a Happy Failure. Saint Benedictine Press. ISBN 978-1-618901-26-2.