12 May 1983 |
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
|Partner(s)||Colin Farrell (2009–2010)|
Bachleda-Curuś was born in Tampico, Mexico. She is the daughter of Lidia and Tadeusz Bachleda-Curuś, a geologist who was working in Mexico at that time. Her uncle is the former mayor of Zakopane, Poland, Adam Bachleda-Curuś.
While growing up in Poland, Bachleda studied at the National Ballet Academy in Kraków (1989–98) and at the National Academy of Music's vocal department in Kraków (1998–2000). Studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.
At age 15, Bachleda landed a lead role in the 1999 film Pan Tadeusz, directed by Academy Award-winning Polish director Andrzej Wajda. Four years later, she won a role in Polish soap opera Na dobre i na złe. Bachleda then began crossing over into mainstream films outside Poland, appearing in the German film Sommersturm, a coming of age story, in 2004. Bachleda-Curuś returned to Mexico to film the 2007 thriller Trade, starring Kevin Kline, an unflinching look at the world of human trafficking. Bachleda then returned to Europe to play a Jewish girl in the historical drama Der geköpfte Hahn, which took place during World War II in Transylvania, Romania. Her next film was 2009's Ondine, a film about an Irish fisherman who thinks he catches a selkie, a mythological seal/human.
In 2014 she starred, as Anya Oliwa, in a video game Wolfenstein: The New Order as a supporting and love interest characters of the protagonist. In October 2014, her movie The American Side premiered at the Woodstock Film Festival. Alicja starred in the leading role as a Tesla specialist, Nikki Meeker, opposite Greg Stuhr, Camilla Belle and Matthew Broderick.
On 7 October 2009, she gave birth to a son, Henry Tadeusz Farrell, born in Los Angeles, California. The boy was fathered by Irish actor Colin Farrell and was baptized on 29 December 2009 in the Roman Catholic Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kraków. It was reported on 15 October 2010 that Farrell and Bachleda-Curuś had separated. Soon after it was officially confirmed.
- Polaris (USA, Iran, 2015), by Soudabeh Moradian
- The American Side (USA, 2014), by Jenna Ricker
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (USA, 2014), by Tom Keegan, Jens Matthies
- September Eleven 1683 (Italy, Poland, 2011), by Renzo Martinelli
- The Girl is in Trouble (USA, 2010), by Julius Onah
- Friendship! (Germany, USA 2010), by Markus Goller
- Ondine (Ireland, USA, 2009), by Neil Jordan
- Cocoşul decapitat (English title: The Beheaded Rooster) (România, Hungary 2008), by Radu Gabrea
- Trade (Germany, USA, 2007), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Comme des voleurs (English title: Stealth) (Switzerland, France 2006), by Lionel Baier
- Das Blut der Templer (English title: Code of the Templars) (Germany, 2004)
- Summer Storm (Germany, 2004), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Na dobre i na złe (TV series, Poland, 2002–2004)
- Herz im Kopf (Germany, 2001), for which Hans-Christian Schmid and Michael Gutmann wrote the screenplay
- Wrota Europy (Poland, 1999), by Jerzy Wojcik
- Pan Tadeusz (Poland, 1999), by Andrzej Wajda
- Syzyfowe prace (Poland, 1998), by Pawel Komorowski
- Wolfenstein: The New Order - Anya Oliwa
- Klimat (2001)
- "Dotknąć nieba" (with Piotr Cugowski (son of Krzysztof Cugowski)) (2007)
- "Klimat" (2001)
- "Ich verlier mich gern in Dir" (from the film Herz Im Kopf) (2001)
- "Marzyć chcę" (1999)
- Vladek Juszkiewicz & Robert J. Wierzbicki. ""Artist / VIP Gallery ALICJA BACHLEDA-CURUS", Polish Film Festival web site". Polishfilmla.org. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Michaud, Sarah (2009-10-30). "Colin Farrell and Girlfriend Welcome a Son – Babies, Colin Farrell". People.com. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alicja Bachleda-Curuś.|
- Alicja Bachleda-Curuś at the Internet Movie Database
- Alicja in New York Times May 2007
- Alicja in GQ Magazine July 2007
- Interview with Alicja Bachleda Presented by Linda O'Brien