12 May 1983 |
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
|Home town||Krakow, Poland|
Bachleda-Curuś was born in Tampico, Mexico. She is the daughter of Lidia and Tadeusz Bachleda-Curuś, a geologist who was working in Mexico at that time. Her uncle is the former mayor of Zakopane, Poland, Adam Bachleda-Curuś.
While growing up in Poland, Bachleda studied at the National Ballet Academy in Kraków (1989–98) and at the National Academy of Music's vocal department in Kraków (1998–2000). She studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.
At age 15, Bachleda landed a lead role in the 1999 film Pan Tadeusz, directed by Academy Award-winning Polish director Andrzej Wajda. Four years later, she won a role in Polish soap opera Na dobre i na złe. Bachleda then began crossing over into mainstream films outside Poland, appearing in the German film Sommersturm, a coming of age story, in 2004. Bachleda-Curuś returned to Mexico to film the 2007 thriller Trade, starring Kevin Kline, an unflinching look at the world of human trafficking. Bachleda then returned to Europe to play a Jewish girl in the historical drama Der geköpfte Hahn, which took place during World War II in Transylvania, Romania. Her next film was 2009's Ondine, a film about an Irish fisherman who thinks he catches a selkie, a mythological seal/human.
On 7 October 2009, she gave birth to a son, Henry Tadeusz Farrell, born in Los Angeles, California. The boy was fathered by Irish actor Colin Farrell and was baptized on 29 December 2009 in the Roman Catholic Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kraków. It was reported on 15 October 2010 that Farrell and Bachleda-Curuś had separated.
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (USA, 2017)
- Pitbull. Niebezpieczne kobiety (Poland, 2016), by Patryk Vega
- Polaris (USA, Iran, 2015), by Soudabeh Moradian
- The American Side (USA, 2014), by Jenna Ricker
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (USA, 2014), by Tom Keegan, Jens Matthies
- September Eleven 1683 (Italy, Poland, 2011), by Renzo Martinelli
- The Girl is in Trouble (USA, 2010), by Julius Onah
- Friendship! (Germany, USA 2010), by Markus Goller
- Ondine (Ireland, USA, 2009), by Neil Jordan
- Cocoşul decapitat (English title: The Beheaded Rooster) (Romania, Hungary 2008), by Radu Gabrea
- Trade (Germany, USA, 2007), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Comme des voleurs (English title: Stealth) (Switzerland, France 2006), by Lionel Baier
- Das Blut der Templer (English title: Code of the Templars) (Germany, 2004)
- Summer Storm (Germany, 2004), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Na dobre i na złe (TV series, Poland, 2002–2004)
- Herz im Kopf (Germany, 2001), for which Hans-Christian Schmid and Michael Gutmann wrote the screenplay
- Wrota Europy (Poland, 1999), by Jerzy Wojcik
- Pan Tadeusz (Poland, 1999), by Andrzej Wajda
- Syzyfowe prace (Poland, 1998), by Pawel Komorowski
- Klimat (2001)
- "Dotknąć nieba" (with Piotr Cugowski (son of Krzysztof Cugowski)) (2007)
- "Klimat" (2001)
- "Ich verlier mich gern in Dir" (from the film Herz Im Kopf) (2001)
- "Marzyć chcę" (1999)
- Vladek Juszkiewicz & Robert J. Wierzbicki. ""Artist / VIP Gallery ALICJA BACHLEDA-CURUS", Polish Film Festival web site". Polishfilmla.org. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Michaud, Sarah (30 October 2009). "Colin Farrell and Girlfriend Welcome a Son – Babies, Colin Farrell". People.com. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alicja Bachleda-Curuś.|