|Created by||Co-created by Kevin Bloomfield and Geremi Burleigh with MGA Entertainment|
|Directed by||Davis Doi|
|Voices of||Doron Bell Jr.|
Ian James Corlett
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||30 minutes|
Alien Racers is an American computer animated television show about racing and is aimed for kids ages 7 and above. It originally aired on Fox's FoxBox (later known as 4Kids TV) in 2005. It formerly aired in Canada on Teletoon.
Xenoc, the heart of the universe, holds the valuable energy source known as Xeno-energy. It has the power to create or destroy. For eons, this cosmic energy gathered and destroyed civilizations until the wisest and oldest species, Zenterrans, managed to land containment chambers on the planet surface. Fearing that every race would be warring over the contained energy, Master Khadan issued a contest. Each alien civilization would choose their champion for this great power and whoever controls the Xeno-energy will decide the fate of the universe. Since the Zenterrans were extending their neutrality, even the Kragnans would come. The Kragnans, a race of fierce crablike creatures who travel in space ships made of lava and land vehicles made of bones, have enslaved or eaten half of the universe. They seek more energy for hatching their new generation of eggs. The protagonist, Ultrox, knows there is more to Xeno-energy than even the Zenterrans know. Just then, he notices a Kragnan ship on a crash course. He saves its imprisoned occupant, Jek, from a squad of Klaw Troopers. Just before he was vaporized by another Kragnan ship, the gangster named Seadrok accidentally dropped his space anchor on the ship, thus saving his life. After a little persuasion by dropping Ne'tal champion G'rog, Ultrox joins the races.
On the planet Krag, the Kragnans, knowing that they couldn't steal the Xeno-energy or eat the Zenterran brains (when the Kragnans' king ate Undermaster Akhil's father's brain, the power proved so overwhelming that his body exploded), entered the races. The Zenterrans created an enforcer from Xeno-energy named Gamekeeper Kytani to ensure that the rules would be followed. Jek followed the Kragnan Klaw Trooper who had kidnapped his uncle. The lone dead man named Skrash detonated a mountain.
After the first race, a Kragnan commander attempts to steal the Command Matrix. But when warned of the trap set by Undermaster Ahkil that would unleash Xeno-energy on the entire Kragan Empire, Undermaster Akhil mind-controlled the Kragnan. The result sent streams of Xeno-energy on every signal Kragnan. Miraculously, the Empress and her eggs were spared. Master Khadan explained that the Xeno-energy only wiped out the Kragnans identical to the commander. Ahkil was executed though he did save the universe from the Kragnan threat. The Zenterrans would always hold the races while Gnarl will try to win to restore the empire's former glory. Meanwhile, Ultrox will have to keep winning.
As the races progressed, Ultrox discovered that the Xeno-energy was becoming more violent because of the races.
- Ultrox - Ultrox is a scientist and explorer from the planet Alpheron. When he was born, Xeno-energy destroyed his arms and legs, forcing him to utilize robotic prosthetic limbs. Ultrox spent years studying Xeno-energy with help from his technical friend and car, Vakkon. Selected by Minister Prime Apex to compete in the Alien Races, Ultrox (with persuasion from Jek) found an opportunity to study the Xeno-energy up close.
- Gnarl - Gnarl is a champion of Kragnan Empire that enslaved, ate and conquered half of the known universe. He loathes all other racers and any non-Kragnans for that matter. He'll gladly cheat, destroy or attempt to eat anything that stands in his way to achieve his empire's goals. As one would expect from a warrior, Gnarl loves to fight, knows not the meaning of compromise, and shows no mercy to anyone. Gnarl rides in "Stone Klaw" - an extremely heavy and strongly armed vehicle that well fits Gnarl's ruthless, combat-oriented driving style. However where proving its prowess in combat, its speed leaves much to be desired, and is often outraced by faster cars.
- G'rog - G'rog is a Ne'tal athlete. He is the greatest one in the universe who won recognition on six planets. He is also Ultrox number1 fan. His sponsoring product is G'rogade for his organic car, the Battlesynth. When it's a tie in the races, he wants to flip boogers. The result of this is determined by whether it lands "crusty side" or "slimy side" up, like "Heads" or "tails" when flipping a coin.
- Skrash - Skrash is a lone crazed skeleton/zombie from Xenoc. He is the last member of a long extinct species that crashed on Xenoc so long ago, even he doesn't remember the details. His body is a beacon for Xeno-energy, which keeps him alive. He possesses immortality, invulnerability, and powerful physical strength. He also suffers from insanity. Skrash loves all sorts of destruction, mayhem and foul play. He is very territorial about Xenoc, believing that the whole planet belongs to him, and that the Zenterrans and all other species that have come to compete are trespassing on his home. His goal in entering the races is to use the xeno-batteries to get all those uninvited freeloaders "off his planet". He hates everybody equally, and everybody hates him equally back. However, in one episode, when Skrash is banned from a particularly violent race, he shows a more sensitive side when he claims that he enjoys the races "because he hates the other racers, and the races give him a chance to kick butt on them" before getting upset about missing out. Skrash is often used for comic relief - much of the show's humor revolves around scrash, bones, and his afterlife "living," as well as G'rog's fondness for snot and boogers.
- Master Khadan - Master Khadan is the leader of the Zenterrans. Khadan has helped Ultrox on many occasions and sometimes reinstated him in the races when he is disqualified for trying to save a life. Khadan was destroyed by Undermaster Ahkil, but managed to transfer his consciousness to Xenoc and used Xeno energy to help Ultrox.
- Undermaster Akhil - Ahkil is a Zenterran who is aide to Master Khadan. Long ago, Kragnans killed his father, making him swear revenge. His chance came when Kragnan Claw Trooper Commander, Ne'Krawl tried to steal the Xeno-chamber's Command Matrix. Mind-controlling the Kragnan, the result destroyed the entire race. As punishment, he was hereby "executed" by the Zenterrans. In Heart of Xenoc, Ahkil's spirit possessed a Zenterran to sabotage the monitor station and take the Heart of Xenoc. Using the Heart, Ahkil tried to rebuild his body and gain the power of a god. But before this could happen, Ultrox rammed in and dispelled his ghostly body.
- Seadrok - Seadrok is a powerful gangster and a very rich personality who handles betting from people viewing the races. His face is not shown and for most of the series only his red eyes and two tentacles are visible. In Backseat Drivers, his true form is revealed; he has bright red scales, green eyes, tentacles for feet and actual hands.
- Ocular - Ocular is a mercenary working for Seadrok. Taking part in the races, he'd sell Xeno-cells to anyone—even the Kragnans. He does not like working with his fellow henchman, Talanna. Ocular is capable of pulling people's eyes out with his wooden club, as well as storing and preserving the eyes in a see-through bag. All of the eyes obey his commands. The only eyeballs he uses are ones that emit sonic waves that can have concussive effects.
- Talanna - Talanna is the sole female competitor in the Alien races. Her species are called the Ne'thels, a very primitive race that has only six words in its language and five of them mean kill. Her skin looks like a pineapple. Her talons can tear through solid metal. Her weight is unknown since she ripped off the head of the first person to ask. Working as a henchman for Seadrok, Talanna is no woman to be taken lightly.
- Minister Prime Apex - Minister Prime Apex is the leader of Ultrox's home planet.
- Warcoil - Warcoil was built by Robocorp to sabotage the Alien Races so the universe would be in chaos. He lives in a Sith Interceptor-like ship. Warcoil sells weapons to anyone who can afford it. He is powered by a nuclear cell that has the habit of coming back to his body when separated. Many include a reducer and unlimited weapons. Warcoil first joined the races after a meeting with Ultrox's old "friend," the mercenary Dravox. Confirming that the races were making peace in the universe, he set out to make war by destroying the races. He went for every racers but mostly for Ultrox since he was trying to crack into Warcoil's files.
- Kytani - Kytani is a Zenterran born from stable Xeno-energy a few cycles before the races as a perfect choice for a gamekeeper. Unlike other Zenterrans, she can't numb her nerves. Kytani once severed as the temporarily Heart of Xenoc. With her multi-purpose gamekeeper staff, which is capable of creating energy bursts of varying intensities or immobilizing forcefields, as well as giving a countdown at the start of every race, she strictly enforces the rules.
- Stone Klaw
This violent energy is the lifeblood of Xenoc. For eons, it destroyed civilization by civilization. It also keeps the lone inhabitant, Skrash alive. The Zenterrans, with help from Jek's kind, built chambers with Command Matrixes to contain the energy. The equations were so complex that only the Zenterrans knew how to access it. In Powershift Part 2, Ultrox discovered that the Xeno-energy was containing itself in the Xeno-boosters. It thinks it's alive but it isn't.
Small disc containing a small amount of xeno-energy that powers anything it touches. It can only be used for ten seconds. The Zenterrans retrieve all the unused ones.
A capsule containing a powerful amount of Xeno energy that is presented to the winner of each race. Unfortunately, it is hard to use, so the Zenterran have to send a technician to help out. Once done, the technician reported back to Master Khadan.