VHS cover for Alienator
|Directed by||Fred Olen Ray|
|Produced by||Jeffrey C. Hogue|
|Written by||Paul Garson|
John Phillip Law
P. J. Soles
|Music by||Chuck Cirino|
|Edited by||Dan Q. Kennis|
|Distributed by||Image Entertainment
Prism Entertainment Corporation
Alienator is a 1989 science fiction/action/thriller, directed by filmmaker Fred Olen Ray—the producer, director, and screenwriter of over one hundred low to medium-budget feature films in many genres—and starring Jan-Michael Vincent, star of the CBS television series Airwolf. Alienator is among several films produced by Jeffrey C. Hogue.
The movie was described by Leonard Maltin and confirmed by Fred Olen Ray to be a "semi-remake" of the 1957 film The Astounding She-Monster. Robert Clarke, who starred in that movie, also appears in Alienator.
Kol (Ross Hagen), an alien criminal, escapes from a spaceship into the woods of an American suburb. The commander (Jan-Michael Vincent) of the spaceship dispatches The Alienator (Teagan Clive) -- a deadly gynoid, to capture Kol. He meets up with some teenagers as they are all running from fiery death at the hands of The Alienator. She relentlessly pursues Kol and the teens through a series of action sequences and low-budget special effects. Kol must face the toughest decision of his life: kill or be killed.
- Jan-Michael Vincent as Commander
- John Phillip Law as Ward Armstrong
- Ross Hagen as Kol
- Teagan Clive as Alienator
- Dyana Ortelli as Orrie
- Jesse Dabson as Benny
- Dawn Wildsmith as Caroline
- P.J. Soles as Tara
- Robert Clarke as Lund
- Richard Wiley as Rick
- Leo Gordon as Col. Coburn
- Robert Quarry as Doc Burnside
- Fox Harris as Burt
- Hoke Howell as Harley
- Jay Richardson as Prison sergeant major
- Dan Golden as Electrocuted prisoner
- Joseph Pilato as Tech #2
Turner Classic Movies states that the theater release date of the film was in the winter of 1989, or on January 1, 1989.However, the January 15, 1989 Los Angeles Times discusses the film as an "upcoming 1989 release" whose distributor is still pending.
- "Alienator (1990) - Misc Notes". TCM.com. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- Maltin, Leonard (2015-09-29). Turner Classic Movies Presents Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide: From the Silent Era Through 1965: Third Edition. Penguin. ISBN 9780698197299.
- Weldon, Michael (1996-01-01). The Psychotronic Video Guide To Film. Macmillan. ISBN 9780312131494.
- "Alienator (1989) - Misc Notes - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "2 Feb 1990, Page 127 - The Palm Beach Post at Newspapers.com". Retrieved 2016-08-17.
|This 1980s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an action thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|