Alif Allah Aur Insaan
|Alif Allah Aur Insaan|
|Urdu||الف الله اور انسان|
|Created by||Momina Duraid|
|Based on||Alif Allah Aur Insaan|
by Qaisra Hayat
|Developed by||Hum Network|
|Written by||Qaisra Hayat|
|Directed by||Ahson Talish|
|Presented by||Hum TV |
|Theme music composer||Naveed Nashad|
|Opening theme||"Maula Ji"|
Shafqat Amanat Ali
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||43|
|Camera setup||Multi-camera setup|
|Running time||37-40 minutes minus commercials|
|Production company(s)||MD Productions|
|Distributor||Hum Network Limited|
|Original network||Hum TV|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
1080p (Hum World HD)
|Original release||25 April 2017 –|
13 February 2018
|Preceded by||Choti Si Zindagi|
Alif Allah Aur Insaan (Urdu: الف اللہ اور انسان; lit: "A" Allah and Human) is a Pakistani Sufi spiritual drama series which aired on Hum TV from 25 April 2017 to 13 February 2018. It was produced by Momina Duraid, as part of a night programming all under Duraid's MD Productions and was written by Qaisra Hayat, based on her novel of the same name. The series was directed by Ahson Talish.
Alif Allah Aur Insaan revolved around five different people from five totally different backgrounds and their faith and conviction. It highlighted the concept of how the Creator rewards the people who believe in hard work and patience. It Stars Ushna Shah, Mikaal Zulfiqar, Kubra Khan, Shehzad Sheikh, Imran Ashraf and Sana Nawaz. Series received highest ratings and positive reviews on its premiere, and was the slot leader for the whole time it was on air.
Alif Allah Aur Insaan is the story of trust, loyalty and relationships, story revolves around five different people from five totally different backgrounds and their faith and conviction. It highlights the concept of how the creator rewards the people who believe in hard work and patience. It depicts the story of a young landlord Shahzeb (Mikaal Zulfiqar) who once saw Nazneen Malik (Kubra Khan) on her sisters wedding and fell in love with her, similarly Nazneen happens to be the spoiled child of her rich father Hashmat Malik (Usman Peerzada). On the same wedding, Nazneen insults Shamu (Imran Ashraf) and his fellows who were invited by her parents to perform their dance. Nazi insults them for being Transgenders after which Shammu curses her that one day she will lose all her fate. Simultaneously Basit (Shehzad Sheikh) happens to be son of Malik's most respected workers/servants. On the other hand, Story depicts the life of Rani (Ushna Shah) a street beggar who is forced to beg and bring money to her father (Saife Hassan), she believes in Human equality and saved Shamu from mocking goons which left him in love with her. One day Rani comes across a beautiful place where a florist tells her about the beauty and fate of the towns well known woman 'Nigar Begum' (Sana Nawaz), this fascinates Rani who constantly prays to be like her one day. It is revealed that Nigar begum is a head courtesan who shelters homeless girls in her brothel to work for her, it is also revealed in flashbacks that Shahzeb was once forced by his friends to see Nigar Begum's Mujra dance. Despite going there on his friend's consent, Shahzeb was least interested and remained decent which made Negar falling in love with him, but he rejects her love and insults her after which a heartbroken Nigar curses him that one day he will be rejected by the same way he rejected her. Rani's father decides to get her marriage to Rasheed who would in-return pay him extra Mahr Payment. In order to finish begging and to deny her fathers command for marriage, Rani decides to fulfil her only dream of becoming Nigar Begum. She decides to visit Nigar and asks her to keep her as her maid thinking that she will live a luxurious life better than that of a beggar which she considers a mess. She rejects Shamu's love, insults him for being a transgender and approaches Nigar Begum keeping in mind that once she has arrived she can never go back. Facing her rejection, Shamu is left heartbroken and decides to earn and work with necessity thus joining a local barber's shop. Nigar Begum keeps Rani as her maid and renames her as Reena Begum. Simultaneously Shahzeb takes his marriage proposal for Nazneen and gets engaged with her who is least interested to marry him. Later she opens up about her wish of studying in the city, she is sent to Lahore on Shahzeb's consent and her parents hold Basit as her guardian. With growing time Shahzeb begins questioning himself and God that why Nazneen doesn't love him back, with his questions he faces religious confusions and regularly visits an Islamic Molvi (Qavi Khan) whose knowledge and words help him with religious knowledge. Similarly Shamu earns fame and becomes a popular hairstylist where as Rani starts to realise that her life has not changed the way she wanted. Nazneen on the other hand falls in love with Basit who holds his parents self-respect as his highest priority.
- Meekal Zulfiqar as Shahzeb Shah
- Kubra Khan as Nazneen Malik
- Ushna Shah as Reena Begum
- Shehzad Sheikh as Basit Ali
- Imran Ashraf as Shammo
- Sana Nawaz as Nigar Begum
- Qavi Khan as Ahmad Shah Bukhari (Baba Sain)
- Usman Peerzada as Hashmat Malik
- Ainy Zaidi as Malkani
- Naeema Khan as Chaman Begum
- Azra Mansoor as Zaitoon
- Nargis Rasheed as Rani's mother
- Omar Shehzad as Shaheer
- Saife Hassan as Rani's father
- Anas Ali Imran as Talha
- Noor-ul-Hassan as Qadir Ali
- Farhan Ali Agha as Nawazish Ali
- Hassan Noman as Salma
- Kinza Malik as Razia
- Zahra Shah as Samina
- Nimra Khan as Zimmal
- Ali Ansari as Arsalan
- Fazila Kaiser as Zimmil's mother
- Kaiser Khan Nizamani as Zimmil's father
- Seemi Pasha as Shaheer's mother
- Zia Gurchani
- Mahi Baloch as Fiza Bai
- Muhammad Ali Josh as Taimoor
Alif Allah Aur Insaan is developed by Hum TV's senior producer Momina Duraid of MD Productions, the channel hired director Ahson Talish to direct the series. Story of serial is based on Qaisra Hayat's Novel of the same name. Screenplay is also written by Hayat while script composing is done by Muhammad Wasi-ul-Din who is best known for his compositions for channels series Diyar-e-Dil and Mann Mayal. Hayat has previously worked with Momina, when she wrote Saya-e-Dewar Bhi Nahi.
Song composition is done by Naveed Nashad while background scores are given by MAD Music, lyrics for the OST were penned by the director himself who chose Shafqat Amanat Ali for singing, thus marking Ali's comeback for Hum TV after performing the OST of the network's hit series Alvida in 2015. the channel released the first teaser promo on 13 April 2017 and premiered the series on 25 April 2017, it was given the prime slot on 8:00pm airing a weekly episode every Tuesdays. Under the production, Amir Shehzad and Saleem Sumrah were the production managers, while Akbar Balouch, Muhammad Bhatti and Amir Rehman khan were under the set department. Along with the director, Mehreen Suhail and Syed Sajad Habib were the executive directors.
Producer Momina Duraid, and director Ahson Talish mutually chose the cast which includes Mikaal Zulfiqar, Ushna Shah, Sana Nawaz  Kubra Khan, Shehzad Sheikh and Imran Ashraf to portray the leading roles. Mikaal Zulfiqar and Kubra Khan marked their second appearance together after success in Duraid's Sang-e-Mar Mar. From 2015, actor Mikaal Zulfiqar was given several shows for the channel including Diyar-e-Dil, Maan, Sangat and Sang-e-Mar Mar all of which were a commercial success for the channel itself, after channels success in 2016's Sang-e-Mar Mar, Zulfiqar once again was finalised to portray the role of Shahzeb. Alongside Zulfiqar Kubra Khan was finalised to portray the role of Nazneen  after her success in her debut for Sange Mar Mar. The actress completed her series Muqabil and Andaz-e-Sitam for Ary Digital and Urdu1 and joined Alif Allah aur Insaan in 2017. Actor Shehzad Sheikh was finalised to portray the role of Basit  right after the finale of his 2016 series Choti Si Zindagi.
Actress Ushna Shah was approached by the production head Mahesh Waswani from MD productions and Raza Moosavee, the head of casting department for Hum TV. The actress was offered to portray the role of Rani which later earned her critical acclaim and success,  Shah was interviewed by HIP and answered why she accepted the offer of Raani's role, she says "When I read the script I knew I had to do it. Rani was just the one I had been looking for. The depth, the change, the crudeness, the rawness and the reality is something the artist inside me had been craving since I joined the industry. Rani reminded me of why I became an actor"  Speaking about her role Shah said "Rani evolves a lot as she is an amalgamation of things: The walk was inspired by a lady who used to work in our house when I was a child; ironically her name was also Rani. The dialect was watching the working class growing up in Lahore. A lot of the mannerisms were things I observed in young girls begging on the street. So yes there was some character research involved at my end but everything else was thanks to the genius, Ahson Talish. He crafted the crassness of Rani beautifully, he created her."  Alongside Shah, Lollywood film actress Sana Nawaz was approached by Mahesh Waswani for the role of Nigar Begum. The series was her second Hum TV project where she portrayed a challenging role, speaking about her character Nawaz says "I play a character called Nigar, I really liked this role because it was very challenging and quite different from what I have done up till now ... It was an honour for me to work with Ahsan, as an actor it was a dream come true to work along a man who is so talented and understands his actors so well and gets the best performance out of them".
Apart from primary casting, production team also finalised several veteran actors for secondary casts. Director Saife Hassan who regularly directs several series for Hum TV. was finalised to portray the role of Raani's father, the actor had brief appearances in the introduction since he was busy directing Sammi for Hum TV, similarly Actor Noor-ul-Hassan and Actress Kinza Malik were shooting for Sammi but in November 2016 there roles were finished and they were finalised for Alif Allah aur Insaan. Similarly. Veteran actor Usman Peerzada was selected to portray the role of Malik Ashar Khan alongside Ainy Zaidi who portrayed Nazneen's mother. Actress Azra Mansoor previously selected in Diyar-e-Dil and Bin Roye was finalised to portray the role of Zaitoon, Shahzeb's mother. Actor Qavi Khan was finalised to portray the role of a noble priest who has brief appearances within the play. Farhan Ally Agha was chosen to play Nawazish Ali.
In June 2017, Actor Omer Shehzad and actress Nimra Khan joined the leading cast of the series. Speaking about his role, Shehzad says "Also, my part is very strong, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed ... I’m also coming with a whole new look, I have a moustache, I’m wearing a bracelet in my hand and am always in shalwar kameez, so it’s kind of a wadera look and that’s something I’ve never done before ... I’m also very confident about it because my director told me that this particular character was in line with my presence." 
Filming, shooting and location
Principal photography commenced on 18 January 2017 and was concluded on June 2017, later on the same month, production house ordered more episodes with a new cast. On July, six more cast members joined the shoot a d it concluded on 17, November 2017. The eleven month shooting period marked Alif Allah Aur Insaan as the longest running serial of 20:00 (GMT) slot on Hum TV. During its filming it had more than average episodes under production and to run it within the 2017 season the production heads decided to release it in April 2017 despite its ongoing shoot. The shooting was finished on 17 November 2017.
Before the shoot, the title of Alif Allah was used, but during the shoot it was changed to Alif Allah aur Insaan. Shooting was extensively done in remote areas of Hyderabad, Sindh and in Punjab areas. All the location units were overseen by Waqar Baloch who was leading the set department which includes Akbar Balouch, Muhammad Jathi Khan and Muhammad Rehman Khan.
Set-location of Nigar Begum's Haveli was a traditional Haveli which was used by the production house for the filming of their 2016 series Mann Mayal for the same channel. Shooting locations were overseen by art director Mirza Zeeshan Baig with cinematographer Zeb Rao and editor Mehmood Ali who return as director of photography and chief editing respectively. All three of them previously worked with Duraid's Diyar-e-Dil, Mann Mayal, Sanam and Dil Banjaara that earned their skills critical praise and acclaim. Graphics were done by Hasnain Diswali and Syed Furqaan Ali Qazi of Hum TV. Several sets-locations were real including Nazneen's Haveli and Basit's house, since the series was also filmed in Punjab village its few filming locations were real. Actors Mikaal Zulfiqar, Shehzad Sheikh, Kubra Khan, Qavi Khan, Noor-ul-Hassan, Azra Mansoor, Kinza Malik, Usman Peerzada and Ainy Zaidi have mostly filmed in the Punjab region.
|Alif Allah Aur Insaan OST|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||19 April 2017|
|Length||03 Minutes 12 Seconds (3:12)|
The title song of Alif Allah Aur Insaan is composed by musician Naveed Nashad, while the director Ahson Talish penned the series while the background score for the series is done by Mad Music. The OST was performed by Shafqat Amanat Ali. It marks the return of the singer to Hum TV, since performed the channels hit drama series Alvida's OST in 2015. The OST dominated the fourth position of Top four OST's of 2017 season where Sanam dominated the #1 rank, Rang Dey (of Orangreza) dominated the #2 rank and Main Hojaoun Na Baaghi (of Baaghi) dominated #3 Rank.
All lyrics are written by Ahson Talish and Ali Raza; all music is composed by Naveed Nashad and Mad Music.
|1.||"Maula Ji"||Shafqat Amanat Ali||3:12|
|2.||"Unka Gharur"||Rasmia Baloch||2:55|
Alif Allah Aur Insaanl premiered on 25 April 2017 . Alif Allah Aur Insaanl airs a weekly episode on every Tuesday succeeding Choti Si Zindagi, starting from its premiere date, with time slot of 8:00 pm. It was aired on Hum Europe in UK, on Hum TV USA in USA and Hum TV Mena on UAE, with same timings and premiered date. All International broadcasting aired the series in accordance with their standard times. It was broadcast by Hum Network's new channel Hum World HD for US and Canada.
In late January 2017, Hum Network protected all its episodes from YouTube and the series had no episodes available in the Pakistani region. All episodes of Alif Allah Aur Insaan were available on Hum's official site. But by June 2017, the channel opened there episodes on YouTube once again and as a result all the episodes were available in Pakistan. iflix contracted Hum Network and screened all of Hum TV's Shows after syndication, the series remained the part of the same contract.
|Number of Episodes||Timeslot (PST)||Premiere||Finale||TV Season||Rank (2017)||Overall viewership|
|Television Rating Points (TRP)||Date||BARB ratings
|Television Rating Points (TRP)|
After Alif Allah Aur Insaan's premier, Hum TV claimed on their Facebook page that they had received highest rating with Alif Allah Aur Insaan gaining 5.5 TV Rating Points (TRP) leading the 8:00 pm PST / 20:00 GMT time slot just within the pilot episode. On 4 May 2017, Hum TV provided another rating information given by Media Logic and Kantar Media according to which Alif Allah Aur Insaan once again dominated the Tuesday Timslot with 5.4 TRP on its second episode, the next week, series received 5 Ratings. On 16 May 2017, there was competition amongst the TV Channels where ‘’Alif Allah Aur Insaan’’ once again dominated the time slot with 4.5 TRP on its fourth episode, despite facing a 0.5 rating decrease (to last week) the channel still managed to receive the first rank. According to the same source there was a competition with the channel ARY Digital which came in second delivering 2.0 TRP.
On its fifth episode the series once again averaged higher ratings of 5.0 TRP but there was a competition seen where ARY increased to 4.0 TRP. On its sixth episode it increased a TRP reach to 5.1. In June 2017 there was no rating information provided by the channel since it had transmissions for the month of Ramadan. During the entire month, ARY Digital dominated the top rank with its game show Jeeto Pakistan, followed by Bol News as second rank, Alif Allah Aur Insaan dominated the third rank. On 7 July, Hum TV announced that they have received 4.5 TRP on average with Alif Allah Aur Insaan's eleventh episode and had also dominated the top rank. With its thirteenth episode the series received its highest ratings of all bringing 7.4 TRPs on average. Whereas on its fourteenth episode it led the Tuesday day slot with 5.9 TRPs on Average.
By the end of August 2017, Alif Allah Aur Insaan's' Timeslot ranking fell to the fourth position, the Tuesday time slot was then dominated by Ary Digital for three weeks. The series was termed as a drag by the critics and further fell in terms of viewership. However on September 9, it was announced that the series once dominated the #1 rank with an average TRP of 4.4 on its Twentieth episode, the next week it further increased to a rating of 4.9 on its Twenty-first episode, and 4.8 on its Twenty-Second episode respectively. With its Twenty-third episode, channel saw a boost with Alif Allah Aur Insaan delivering 7.89 ratings with a viewership of 3.3 million. On the Twenty-fourth episode Alif Allah Aur Insaan's rating saw another increase of 7.0 TRPs. Despite receiving mixed reviews after Twenty-five episodes, Alif Allah Aur Insaan's managed to receive 6.1 TRPs on its Twenty-sixth episode. On Alif Allah Aur Insaan's Twenty-seventh episode Hum TV received a record breaking rating of 8.6 TRPs leaving behind Ary Digital, Geo TV, Filmazia and all rival channels. On its Twenty-eighth episode Alif Allah Aur Insaan averaged 7.12 TRPs with a viewership of 3.0 Million 
On November 13, a decline of 3.9 TRPs was seen on Alif Allah Aur Insaan's Thirtieth episode, despite its decline it still managed to lead the Tuesday 8:00 pm PST / 20:00 GMT time-slot with #1 rank. Onwards the same episode the series began receiving positive reviews once again. Two weeks after its decline, Alif Allah Aur Insaan jumped to the #1 rank again and delivered 7.4 TRP with a viewership of 2.5 Million on its Thirty-second episode, onwards Thirty-second episode the series saw a boost in terms of ratings,
It delivered 2.5 Million viewership with 5.5 TRPs on its thirty-third episode to Hum TV, 4.9 TRPS on its Thirty-seventh episode, 5.0 TRPs on its Thirty-Eighth episode and 6.2 TRPs on its Thirty-ninth episode. The fortieth episode saw another boost for Hum tv as Alif Allah Aur Insaan bought 7.0 TRPs. The forty-one episode delivered 7.8 TRPs and forty-second delivered 8.2 TRPs, the last episode averaged 8.5 TRPs peaking a point till 9.5 TRP.
|Episode||Timeslot (PST)||TV season||Rank||Viewers|
- "Alif Allah Upcoming Pakistan Drama Details". Mubi Rana. 13 January 2017. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Mikaal Zulfiqar gears up for a new play called Alif Allah". HIP. 12 January 2017. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "BTS Shots from the sets of Alif Allah Aur Insaan". Review It. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "Alif Allah aur Insaan". Hum. Archived from the original on 3 August 2017.
- "Drama Serial Saya e Dewar Bhi Nahi Airs on Hum TV". Tehseen Gillani. Magprime. 3 February 2016. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Rimsha Butt (29 March 2017). "Alif Allah Aur Insaan's Promo Has Left Us Wanting More!". Review It. Archived from the original on 25 August 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Mikaal Zulfiqar gears up for a new play called Alif Allah". Saira Khan. Hip. 17 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Meekal Zulfiqar's upcoming drama Alif Allah". Rimsha Butt. Review It. 12 January 2017.
- "Ushna Shah steals the show". Irfan Salman. Hip. 11 June 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Ushna and Imran own the show". Irah Salman. Hip. 24 June 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Alif Allah Aur Insaan Highlights Powerful Performances". Saira Khan. Hip. 13 May 2017. Archived from the original on 25 August 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Sana Shares Details About Her Role In Alif Allah aur Insaan". Rimsha Butt. Review it. 21 February 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Sana Fakhar impresses in 'Alif Allah aur Insaan'". Saira Khan. Hip. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "The Teaser Of Alif Allah Aur Insaan Makes Us Want To See It ASAP". Saira Khan. Hip. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Cast of Alif, Allah Aur Insaan at "Jago Pakistan Jago"". Ayesha Omair. Review it. 26 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Sange Mar Mar Upcoming Drama on Hum Tv". 15 August 2016. Archived from the original on 5 September 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "Alif Allah aur Insaan Has An Impressive Start". Saira Khan. Hip. 26 April 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "The Teaser Of Alif Allah Aur Insaan Makes Us Want To See It ASAP". Saira Khan. Hip. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Raani reminded me of why I became an actor". Saira Khan. Hip. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Nimra Khan joins the cast of 'Baaghi' and 'Alif Allah aur Insaan'". Iqra Akhar. Hip. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Omer Shahzad joins the cast of 'Alif Allah Aur Insaan'". Iqra Akhar. hip. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "On the sets of HUMTV's 'Mann Mayal'". Wajiha Jawaid. HIP. 10 January 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Hum TV's Drama 'AAI' OST, Timings & Pictures". brandsynario. 23 January 2016. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "OST Mann Mayal By Quratulain Balouch and Shuja Hyder". 24 January 2016. Archived from the original on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "The OST Of Alif Allah Aur Insaan Is Out & Its Bound To Give You Goosebumps". HIP. 24 January 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Hum TV to shift 'Maan' for 'Mann Mayal'". Raj Bahadur. Bizasia. 24 January 2016. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Hum TV Programming schedule". Hum TV. Archived from the original on 7 October 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Mann Mayal international timings in UK, USA and UAE". Hum TV. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Top 30 monthly viewers (Hum Europe)". BARB. 30 July 2017. Archived from the original on 6 June 2017.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (February 2018)" (PDF). MediaLogic. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Media Logic September 2017 reports" (PDF). Kantar Media. Media Logic. 17 September 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Media Logic October 2017 reports" (PDF). Kantar Media. Media Logic. 17 October 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Media Logic November 2017 reports" (PDF). Kantar Media. Media Logic. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Media Logic November 2017 reports" (PDF). Kanatr Media. Media Logic. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Media Logic January 2018 reports" (PDF). Kantar Media. Media Logic. 18 January 2018. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (July 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (August 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (September 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. 1 October 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (October 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. 1 November 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (November 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (December 2017)" (PDF). MediaLogic. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "MediaLogic Monthly Review (January 2018)" (PDF). MediaLogic. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "The awards will be held in Karachi on April 23rd and the voting lines are open till April 6, 2016". HIP. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.