Alif Dhaal Atoll
Alifu Dhaalu Atoll (also known as Southern Ari Atoll or Ari Atholhu Dhekunuburi) is an administrative division of the Maldives.
The separation of Ari Atoll (formerly Alifu Atoll) on March 1, 1984, into a Northern and a Southern section formed the two most recent administrative divisions of the Maldives, namely Alifu Alifu Atoll and Alifu Dhaalu Atoll. Alifu Dhaalu Atoll lies south of the line between the channels of Himendhoo Dhekunukandu and Genburugau Kandu.
There is a beautiful ancient mosque in Fenfushi island having wooden decorated ceilings and lacquerwork panels.
The South Ari Atoll administrative division consists of the southern part of the geographic or natural Ari Atoll (described as Southern Ari Atoll in this context to differentiate from the official name of the administrative division). The atoll consists of Inhabited Islands and Uninhabited Island, a definition which includes resort islands, airport islands and industrial islands.
|Dhangethi||713||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Dhiddhoo||137||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Dhigurah||529||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Fenfushi||729||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Hangnaameedhoo||481||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Kunburudhoo||438||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Maamingili||2,079||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Mahibadhoo||1,939||Southern Ari Atoll||Capital of the South Ari Atoll Administrative Division|
|Mandhoo||295||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Omadhoo||843||Southern Ari Atoll|
Resort islands are classified as Uninhabited Islands which have been converted to become resorts. The following are the resort islands, with the official name of the resort.
|Name||Resort Name||Coordinates||Geographic Atoll||Remarks|
|Angaagau||Angaaga Island Resort and Spa||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Athurugau||Diamonds Athuruga||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Dhidhdhoofinolhu||LUX* South Ari Atoll||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Dhiffushi||Holiday Island Resort ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Huvahendhoo||Lily Beach Resort and Spa at Huvahendoo||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Kuda Rah||Amaya Kuda Rah ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Maafushivaru||Maafushivaru ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Machchafushi||Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Mirihi||Mirihi Island Resort ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Moofushi||Constance Moofushi ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Nalaguraidhoo||Sun Island Resort||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Rangalifinolhu||Conrad Maldives Rangali Island ||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Thundufushi||Diamonds Thudufushi||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Vakarufalhi||Vakarufalhi Island Resort||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Vilamendhoo||Vilamendhoo Island Resort||Southern Ari Atoll|
|Villingilivaru||Ranveli Village||Southern Ari Atoll|
- Based on 2014 Census "Statistical Yearbook Maldives 2017". National Bureau of Statistics, Maldives. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Based on list of islands in "Atolls of the Maldives". Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture, Maldives. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Based on list of islands in "Status of Islands" (PDF). Department of National Planning, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, Republic of Maldives. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "Angaaga Island Resort and Spa". Angaaga Island Resort and Spa. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "Diamonds Athuruga". Plan Hotel SA. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "LUX* South Ari Atoll". LUX* Resorts and Hotels. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Holiday Island Resort". Villa Hotels and Resorts. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Lily Beach Resort and Spa at Huvahendoo". Lily Beach Resort and Spa at Huvahendoo. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Amaya Kuda Rah". Amaya Kuda Rah. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Maafushivaru". Maafushivaru Maldives. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa". Centara Hotels and Resorts. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Mirihi". Mirihi Luxury Boutique Resort. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Constance Moofushi". Constance Hospitality Management. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Sun Island Resort". Villa Hotels and Resorts. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Conrad Maldives Rangali Island". Hilton. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Diamonds Thudufushi". Plan Hotel SA. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Vakarufalhi". Vakarufalhi Island Resort. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa". Crown & Champa Resorts. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- Divehi Tārīkhah Au Alikameh. Divehi Bahāi Tārikhah Khidmaiykurā Qaumī Markazu. Reprint 1958 edn. Malé 1990.
- Divehiraajjege Jōgrafīge Vanavaru. Muhammadu Ibrahim Lutfee. G.Sōsanī.
- Xavier Romero-Frias, The Maldive Islanders, A Study of the Popular Culture of an Ancient Ocean Kingdom. Barcelona 1999.