Aligarh Junction railway station
|Express train and Passenger train station|
Aligarh Junction Station
|Location||NH 91, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
|Elevation||193 metres (633 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||North Central Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Kanpur-Delhi section of Howrah-Delhi main line, Aligarh-Bareily branch line and Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway Company|
Aligarh Junction railway station is an 'A' class junction station on the Kanpur-Delhi section of Howrah-Delhi main line and Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line. It is located in Aligarh district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It serves Aligarh.
The Tundla–Aligarh–Ghaziabad and Aligarh–Harduaganj sectors were electirified in 1975-76.
There are 7 platforms with 2 foot-over bridges. It also has 2 double-bedded non-AC retiring rooms.
Five people were killed and many others injured in an accident at Aligarh railway station on Sunday evening (19 June 2011). The accident took place when a goods train was passing a crowded platform. According to officials, a brake lever snapped from the train and the wheel ploughed into passengers waiting at the platform. There were many people waiting for the Delhi-Tundla passenger train on the platform. The hand brake and the connecting rod had come loose and the protruding object turned deadly for the victims. While two people died on the spot, three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital. At least six other injured people were admitted to Aligarh Muslim University Medical College Hospital.
- "IR History: Early History (1832-1869)". IRFCA. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway". fibis. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "The Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway" (PDF). Management E-books6. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "North Central Railway: Retiring Room Facilities". Trains Enquiry. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Five Killed in Freak Train Accident at Aligarh railway station". Indiatoday. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|North Central Railway zone|
|Terminus||North Central Railway zone
Aligarh-Moradabad branch line