|Look up align in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alignment may refer to:
- Alignment (archaeology), secondary used to associate features such as postholes
- Stone alignment, a linear arrangement of upright, parallel megalithic standing stones
- Structural alignment, establishing similarities in the 3D structure of protein molecules
- Sequence alignment, in bioinformatics, arranging the sequences of DNA, RNA, or protein to identify similarities
- Alignment program, software used in sequence alignment
- Road alignment, the route of a road, defined as a series of horizontal tangents and curves, as defined by planners and surveyors
- Railway alignment, three-dimensional geometry of track layouts
- Transfer alignment, a process for initializing and calibrating the inertial navigation system on a missile or torpedo.
- Shaft alignment, in mechanical engineering, aligning two or more shafts with each other
- Wheel alignment, automobile wheel and suspension angles which affect performance and tire wear
- Alignment level, an audio recording/engineering term for a selected point in the audio that represents a reasonable sound level
- Business-IT alignment, how well an organization is able to use Information Technology to achieve objectives
- Data structure alignment, arranging data in computer memory to fit machine design, also known more simply as an alignment structure
- Music alignment, link various music representation (sheet music, audio, video, MIDI, etc.) related to a given musical work
- Partition alignment, letting address ranges of hard disk drive partitions start at certain physical boundaries or at multiples of units such as 1 MB
Linguistics and typography
- Morphosyntactic alignment, the linguistic system used to distinguish between the arguments of transitive and intransitive verbs
- Parallel text alignment, the identification of corresponding sentences in original and translated texts
- Typographic alignment, placement of printed matter relative to a page, column, margin, etc.
- Alignment (political party), in Israel from 1965 to 1992
- Alignment (role-playing games), the moral and ethical perspective of the characters, monsters, and societies
- The Alignment, a 2012 album by Samestate
- Alignment of random points in statistics representing data points that lie on a relatively straight path
- Body alignment, in sports and dance, the proper placement of bones so that muscles do less work
- Constructive alignment, a method of devising teaching activities that directly address learning outcomes
- Ontology alignment, the process of determining correspondences between concepts
- Planetary alignment, in astronomy, a straight line configuration of three celestial bodies
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alignment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.