Alina Talay in Pedro's Cup in Łódź (2016)
|Born||14 May 1989|
Orsha, Soviet Union
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb)|
|Event(s)||100 metres hurdles|
|Coached by||Viktor Myasnikov.|
Philip Winfried (2015–)
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||100 m hurdles: 12.41 (2018)|
60 m hurdles: 7.85 (2015)
She was fourth in the event at the 2008 World Junior Championships in Athletics and won the bronze medal at the 2009 European Athletics U23 Championships a year after. Talay began competing in the senior ranks in 2009 and was a semi-finalist in the 60 metres hurdles at the 2009 European Athletics Indoor Championships. She dipped under 13 seconds for the 100 m hurdles for the first time in 2010 and ended the year having a personal best of 12.87 seconds. That year she was a semi-finalist at both the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships and the 2010 European Athletics Championships.
Talay ran a best of 7.95 seconds for the 60 m hurdles at the 2011 European Athletics Indoor Championships and came fifth overall, making her first championship final. Still eligible for the age category competitions, she won at the 2011 European Athletics U23 Championships. She missed the World Championships, but competed at the 2011 Military World Games and won in a games record time of 12.95 seconds. She claimed her first world medal at the 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships, taking the bronze. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, she raced in the 100 m hurdles and the 4 x 100 m relay. At the 2016 Olympics, she competed in the 100 m hurdles only.
Her personal bests are 12.41 seconds in the 100 metres hurdles (0.5 m/s, St. Polten 2018) and 7.85 seconds in the 60 metres hurdles (Prague 2015).
1Disqualified in the final
- 100 m hurdles: 12.41 (May 2018) NR
- 60 m hurdles: 7.85 (March 2015) NR
- 50 m hurdles: 6.89 (December 2011) NR
- Sports-Reference profile
- Nickolai Dolgopolov and Rostislav Orlov (2012-06-18). Slew of close contests the highlights in Zhukovskiy. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-06-20.
- Belarus' Alina Talay wins 60m hurdles at tournament in Linz
- Talay Alina. IAAF. Retrieved on 3 March 2018
- "Alina Talay Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-03-03.