|Current owner(s)||Grant Achatz
|Head chef||Grant Achatz|
|Food type||Molecular gastronomy|
|Rating||(Michelin Guide). Voted 6th best restaurant in the world by Restaurant Magazine 2011|
|Street address||1723 North Halsted St.|
In October 2008, chef and owner Grant Achatz and co-author Nick Kokonas published Alinea (ISBN 1-58008-928-3 ISBN 978-1-58008-928-9), a hardcover coffee-table book featuring more than 100 of the restaurant's recipes.
In November 2010, Alinea was awarded three Michelin stars, making it one of only two such restaurants in Chicago at the time, along with L2O.
On January 1, 2016, Alinea closed indefinitely for renovations. The restaurant planned to operate pop-up restaurants worldwide before reopening on May 20, 2016 after an extensive remodel and a complete overhaul of the menu.
Alinea received the AAA Five Diamond Award, the highest level of recognition given by the AAA, from 2007 to 2014. It also ranked No. 9 on the S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants List, second only to Eleven Madison Park in the U.S. As of 2014, Alinea is one of two Michelin 3-star restaurants in Chicago. Alinea received the 2016 James Beard Foundation Award for Outstanding Restaurant.
On June 14, 2016, Alinea was ranked 15th on the World's 50 Best Restaurants 2016 list, jumping up 11 spots from 2015. In October 2016, Alinea was named one of the 10 best restaurants in the world by TripAdvisor.
- Davey, Monica (November 16, 2010). "A Hurried Announcement for a New Michelin City". The New York Times. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Sifton, Sam (November 17, 2010). "At Alinea, Three Stars Come With a Mischievous Taste of Autumn". The New York Times. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- "Moto Restaurant Sold to Alinea Group After Chef Homaro Cantu's Death". 5NBC Chicago. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Todd, Anthony (13 Oct 2015). "Alinea Is Closing For Renovations And Taking Chef Achatz On The Road". Chicagoist. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Pang, Kevin (13 Oct 2015). "Alinea closes for renovation Jan. 1, plans pop-ups in Madrid and Miami". Chicago Tribune. Tribune Publishing Company. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Freeman, Sarah. "Alinea 2.0: Reinventing One of the World's Best Restaurants". Chicago Eater. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- PR Newswire Michelin Releases Fourth Edition Of Its Famed Guide To Chicago's Great Restaurants, November 12, 2013
- Lippe-McGraw, Jordi. "Here are the best restaurants in the US (bargains included!)". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alinea food.|