|Born||c. 1951 (age 67–68)|
|Allegiance||Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps|
|Years of service||1982–2007|
IRGC General Staff
|Awards||Order of Nasr (1st class)|
Alireza Afshar (Persian: علیرضا افشار) is an Iranian military officer. He served as the political deputy to the Minister of Interior, being appointed in August 2007. In this capacity, he served as head of Country's Election Headquarters during Iranian legislative election, 2008.
- "Biography: Alireza Afshar", Hamshahri (in Persian), 26 August 2007, 29899, retrieved 1 June 2017
- Frederic Wehrey; Jerrold D Green; Brian Nichiporuk; Alireza Nader; Lydia Hansell (31 December 2008). The Rise of the Pasdaran: Assessing the Domestic Roles of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps. Rand Corporation. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8330-4680-2. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- Katzman, Kenneth (September 1993). "The Pasdaran: institutionalization of revolutionary armed force". Iranian Studies. 26 (3–4): 389–402. doi:10.1080/00210869308701809.
- "اعطای نشان درجه یک نصر به جمعی از فرماندهان دفاع مقدس" (in Persian). Office of the Supreme Leader. 22 May 2000. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Iranian General Replaces Ahmadinejad Aide In Key Post". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 26 August 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- Muhammad Sahimi (12 May 2009). "The Political Groups". Tehran Bureau. PBS. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
| Commander of Basij
| Chief of the General Staff of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps
| Chancellor of Imam Hossein University
Mojtaba Samareh Hashemi
| Vice Minister of Interior for Political Affairs
25 August 2007–27 September 2008
| Head of Country's Election Headquarters|
Iranian legislative election, 2008
|This article about an Iranian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the military of Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|