Beiranvand in 2018
|Full name||Alireza Safar Beiranvand|
|Date of birth||21 September 1992|
|Place of birth||Sarab-e Yas, Iran|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 November 2019
Alireza Safar Beiranvand (Persian: علیرضا بیرانوند, born 21 September 1992) is an Iranian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Iran national football team and Persepolis F.C in the Iran pro league. Beiranvand represented the Iran national team at the 2015 and 2019 AFC Asian Cups and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
In 2017, Beiranvand became the first Iranian ever to be nominated for an individual award at The Best FIFA Football Awards. He has been the best goalkeeper in the Iranian Pro League for four consecutive seasons from 2014 to 2019 and has also been the iranian footballer of the year in 2019.He has been the best goalkeeper of the group round of 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Beiranvand was born in the small village of Sarab-e Yas in Khorramabad County, Lorestan Province and grew up in a nomadic Lak (Kurdish) family. In his teenage years, Beiranvand ran away from home and moved to Tehran in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional footballer, where he was homeless for some time.
Beiranvand has played with Naft Tehran since 2011. He made his debut in Hazfi cup against Damash on 25 October 2011. There were links between him and Tehran giant, Persepolis, but the chairman of Naft Tehran, Mansour Ghanbarzadeh, did not allow him to leave the club. In his first year as the first choice goalkeeper, Beiranvand led Naft to a 3rd place League finish and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club's history. On 23 March 2014, Beiranvand extended his contract with Naft until 2019. On 24 November 2014, Beiranvand provided an assist in their match against Tractor Sazi by throwing the ball into the opponent's half.
On 16 May 2016, after the completion of the 2015–16 Persian Gulf Pro League season, Beiranvand signed a two–year contract with league runners up Persepolis. In 2017 Beiranvand extended his contract with Persepolis until 2021. In December 2017, in a match against Foolad, Beiranvand set a Persian Gulf Pro League record of going 718 minutes without conceding a goal, which was later broken by Esteghlal goalkeeper Hossein Hosseini.
Beiranvand was named ََ2018 AFC Champions League semi-final first leg player of the week following his performance against Al-Sadd. He was also "Man of the match" and with "Team of the Week" 2nd leg after saved many Al-Sadd's chances and help Persepolis to reach the final, His five clean sheets during the competition was the most of any goalkeeper. He was reportedly chosen as one of the candidates for the 2018 Asian Footballer of the Year award, but his exclusion was described by Asian football writers as a big shock, and an outrageous and scandalous event. The following season Beiranvand kept 16 Clean sheets in 2018–19 Pro League and claimed Golden Gloves for three Years in row and four times as a whole.
In April 2014, he was called up to the Iran national football team training camp in South Africa by coach Carlos Queiroz after many Sepahan players could not make it because of AFC Champions League matches, including goalkeeper Rahman Ahmadi. He was also selected in Iran's 30-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. However, Beiranvand was not included in Iran's squad for the World Cup, without playing any match in pre-World Cup friendly matches. He was called into Iran's 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30 December 2014 by Carlos Queiroz. He made his debut in a friendly match against Iraq on 4 January 2015, just before the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
During the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification, first-choice goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi was denied a visa for entry to Guam ahead of their fixture, alongside left back Ehsan Hajsafi. Beiranvand was thus given his first competitive start for the senior team. However, he was given a straight-red in the 72nd minute for a foul on Guam midfielder Dylan Naputi, less than a minute after Iran had used up all of their substitutions, forcing defender Ezzatollah Pourghaz to take on goalkeeper duties.
During the final round of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification, Beiranvand became Iran's starting goalkeeper, replacing Alireza Haghighi. In May 2018 he was named in Iran’s preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
In Iran's last match of the 2018 World Cup, Beiranvand saved a penalty from Cristiano Ronaldo, as Iran drew 1–1 with Portugal. Beiranvand was the starting goalkeeper of the Iran squad at Asian cup 2019. He was again in spotlight when he saved a penalty from Ahmed Mubarak Al-Mahaijri, as Iran won 2–0 against Oman.He was again in spotlight when he saved a penalty from captain of Camboudia, as Iran won 14_0 against Camboudia.
Style of play
Beiranvand's main trait is his ability to make very long throws. In the 2015 AFC Champions League Round of 16, on 20 May 2015, against Al Ahli, Beiranvand made a throw that reached 60m. On 24 November 2014, Beiranvand provided an assist against Tractor Sazi by throwing the ball into the opponent's half. Beiranvand is good in aerial duels, and has been praised for his athleticism, "outstanding shot-stopping", acrobatic dives, and his quick reflexes.
- As of 4 November 2019.
|Naft Tehran||Pro League||2013–14||23||0||1||0||—||—||24||0|
- Statistics accurate as of match played 15 October 2019.
- Persian Gulf Pro League (3): 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Iranian Super Cup (3): 2017, 2018, 2019
- Hazfi Cup (1) : 2018–19
- AFC Champions League runner-up: 2018
- Persian Gulf Pro League Best Goalkeeper of the Year (4): 2014–15, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Persian Gulf Pro League Team of the Year (4): 2014–15, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- AFC Champions League Player of the week (1): 2018 Semi-finals 1st leg
- Iranian Footballer of the Year (1): 2019
- The ninth best goalkeeper in the world in 2017
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- باشگاه فرهنگی ورزشی پرسپولیس – علیرضا بیرانوند پرسپولیسی شد. Fc-perspolis.com (30 May 2017). Retrieved on 24 June 2017.
- Sport, Telegraph (15 June 2018). "Iran World Cup 2018 squad list and team guide". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "FIFA Football Awards 2017 – Voting Results | THE BEST FIFA GOALKEEPER 2017" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "Best of Persian Gulf Pro League Win Awards". Financial Tribune. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- Alireza, Beiranvand (10 November 2018). "Khandevaneh - Alireza Beiranvand (خندوانه با علیرضا بیرانوند و مسابقه خنداننده شو)". YouTube.
- Alireza, Beiranvand (10 November 2018). "World Cup 2018: Who is Iran's Kurdish goalkeeper". Rudaw.
-  Archived 6 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Mehrdad. "Perspolisnews.Com – Perspolisnews.Com". perspolisnews.com.
- Ed Ran (24 November 2014). "Video: Goalkeeper gets insane assist after throwing ball directly into opponent's half". sportskeeda.com.
- "علیرضا بیرانوند - پرسپولیس؛ 1400".
- "Alireza Beiranvand Sets Record for Minutes without Conceding Goal".
- "Hosseini named Iran's goalkeeper with most clean sheets". Press TV. 13 January 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Beiranvand Profile". the-afc.com. Retrieved 19 June 2019
- "TOYOTA PLAYER OF THE WEEK | AFC". www.the-afc.com.
- "Persepolis vs Al-Sadd man of match 2nd leg". stats.the-afc.com.
- "This is your #ACL2018 semi-final second leg Team of the Week!".
- "Iran's Beiranvand, Cheshmi Can Impress in UAE 2019". Tasnim News Agency. 25 July 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Alireza Beiranvand proves the real deal with ACL heroics". FOX Sports Asia. 24 October 2018.
- "Paul Williams". Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "John Duerden". Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "Martin Lowe". Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "AFC U-19 CHAMPIONSHIP 2010 MATCH SUMMARY". 19 May 2019.
- "AFC U-19 CHAMPIONSHIP 2010 MATCH SUMMARY". 13 September 2012. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- "Player Profile ALI REZA SAFARBEIRANVAND".
- "Queiroz Names Team Melli Squad". afcasiancup.com. 30 December 2014. Archived from the original on 1 January 2015.
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia". BBC Sport. 4 June 2018.
- "Iran Goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand's Life Story Is The Most Inspirational Story You'll Ever Read". 25 June 2018.
- "Iran deserve respect for denying Cristiano Ronaldo, says goalkeeper". The Independent. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Beiranvand save". Fox Sports. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Iran Goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand Has The Longest Throw In Football". 26 June 2018. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Inspiring Iranians". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "A. Beiranvand - Profile".
- Alireza Beiranvand at National-Football-Teams.com
33^ وكالة تسنيم الدولية للانباء
2017 25 اوكتوبر
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alireza Beiranvand.|