Alisal High School

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Alisal High School
Alisal-high-school.jpg
Address
777 Williams Road
Alisal, Salinas, California, California
United States
Information
Type Public secondary
Founded 1965
School district Salinas Union High School District
CEEB code 605-332
Principal Ernesto Garcia
Grades 9–12
Number of students 2,464 (2007–8)[1]
Campus type Rural / Suburban
Color(s)              Forrest Green, black, white
Mascot Trojan
Website

Alisal High School is an American public high school opened in 1965 and located in Salinas, California. Alisal's school colors are green, black and white. Their mascot is Tommy the Trojan.

Demographics[edit]

Currently, there are about 2700 students attending Alisal, with 98% of them with Hispanic ethnicity. The other 2% are Asian and White. The staff consists of 170 teachers with a teacher-student ratio of 1:32.[2]

Sports[edit]

Football, cross-country, cheer, tennis, volleyball (in the fall); boys' soccer, girls' soccer, basketball, wrestling (in the winter); and track and field, baseball, softball, swimming, golf (in the spring) are the present sports available at the school. Among these, the boys' varsity soccer team of 2010–2011, part of division 1 of the Central Coast Section (CCS), won the CCS award for the first time in various years. The team won it for the second time during the 2012-2013 season finishing ranked #1 in the state and #2 in the nation.[3]

References[edit]

External links[edit]

Coordinates: 36°41′05″N 121°36′02″W / 36.684792°N 121.600634°W / 36.684792; -121.600634