This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alisha Abdullah Indian racer
|Alma mater||St. Kevin's Anglo Indian High School, Sacred Heart, M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, LIBA|
Alisha has been fascinated by racing since she was a kid. As a nine-year-old, Alisha was drawn to go-karting. She was winning go-karting races by the time she was eleven. When she was just 13 years old, she won the MRF National Go-Karting Championship and the Best Novice Award in the National level Formula Car Racing in the open class. She did her schooling in St. Kevin's and pursued her higher secondary studies at Sacred Heart, Church park. She completed her graduation in Sociology at M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, Nungambakkam, Chennai. She also did her Post graduation studies at LIBA.
Life on Speed Lane
Alisha then moved on to formula car racing and managed to come fifth in the JK Tyre National Racing Championship, 2004. She made the switch from four wheels to bikes in the same year.
Fastest Indian Superbiker beating men
She is the first woman to cross the 190 miles per hour or 285 km/ hour speed mark on a superbike, beating 12 men to reach overall third in the competition in 2009. In the championships, Alisha pulled away from men and lead in pole positions in several races. At one time she is considered the second fastest bike racer in Indian among both men and women.
Talking about the change Alisha's father who noted, "The fact is formula car racing can get very expensive. Motorbike racing is easier to manage financially, and moreover, I know what is what in motorbike racing and I can guide her. So I asked Alisha to try bike racing."
Awards in racing
- JK Tyre National Super-bike Racing Championship - 2009, Finished 3rd overall in the national championship amongst 15 men
- Volkswagen National Polo cup (India) - 2012, Finished overall 8th
- Volkswagen National Polo cup (India) - 2011, Finished overall 8th, a podium finish
- Volkswagen Polo Cup - 2010, Finished 10th overall amongst 24 men in the polo cup class, being the 1st year of her professional car racing
- National Road Racing Championship UCAL - 2008, Group A stroke up to 750 cc Novice Round 4, 3rd Place
- Rotary’s Young Achiever Award - 2008, Honoured with Rotary’s Young Achiever Award. The Rotary Club of Madras Northwest presented the award applauding her trail-blazing achievements in car and bike racing.
- National Road Racing Championship UCAL - 2006, Group D4 stroke 80 cc to 110 cc Novice Round 5th Round, 3rd Place
- National Road Racing Championship UCAL - 2006, Group D4 stroke 80 cc to 110 cc Novice Round 4th Round, 3rd Place
- National Road Racing Championship UCAL - 2006, Group D4 stroke 80 cc to 110 cc Novice 3rd Round, 2nd Place
|2014||Irumbu Kuthirai||Villain's Assistant||Tamil||Guest appearance|||
- "Biker girl's thirst for speed". Deccan Chronilce. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "'Irumbu Kuthirai' fame Alisha Abdullah gets engaged". Manorama Online. Retrieved 1 October 2017.