||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
5 February 1975 |
|Years active||1988–1997; 2002–|
|Agent||Becca Barr Management|
|Television||Big Brother (2002)
This Morning (2003—)
I'm a Celebrity... (2010)
Celebrity MasterChef (2014)
Strictly Come Dancing (2014)
The Dumping Ground (2016)
Alison Hammond (born 5 February 1975) is an English television personality who became notable after appearing on the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was the second housemate to be evicted from the Big Brother house.
Since leaving the Big Brother house, Hammond has appeared on many television programmes, including Celebrity Fit Club, Celebrities Under Pressure and Big Star's Little Star. She has also appeared on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes, performing as Nina Simone, Celebrity Ready Steady Cook, Daily Cooks Challenge, as a panellist on ITV's Loose Women, and as a presenter on the short-lived ITV Play channel.
In 2004, Hammond played herself as a TV reporter in Christmas Lights opposite Robson Green.
In 2008, Hammond was named as the face of online bingo site Crown Bingo and took part in live chats, voiced characters and can be heard as the bingo caller in the bingo room.
In 2012, Hammond became brand ambassador for DFS Home Furnishings.
Hammond participated in the twelfth series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2014 on BBC One. She partnered with eleventh series' champion Aljaž Skorjanec. They were voted off in the seventh week of competition and finished 10th. On 19th Of November 2015, it was announced she would compete in the annual Strictly Christmas Special.
Alison has appeared in many pantomime productions including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Jack and the Beanstalk, Beauty and the Beast and is set to appear in Aladdin at the Sunderland Empire this Christmas.
Hammond's father is Nevisian and her mother is Guyanese. She was formerly a holiday representative and holiday entertainer, who worked in Tunisia, amongst other resorts. She also worked as a cinema usherette and child actress. Hammond resides in Birmingham, her home city. She also has a son named Aiden.
|1988–1990||Palace Hill||Eskimo||Regular Role|
|1991||Chalkface||Alice||1 Episode, "Christmas Cheer"|
|1997||The Locksmith||WPC Leigh||1 Episode, "Coming Together"|
|2002||Big Brother||Herself||Contestant, Series 3, 11th Place|
|Doctors||Danielle||1 Episode, "Tears of a Clown"|
|2002, 2004, 2006||Loose Women||Herself/Presenter||Herself (1 Episode), Presenter x5 Episodes)|
|2003||Doctors||Theresa Holyoake||2 Episodes, "A Red Light Means Stop: Part 1" and "A Red Light Means Stop Part: 2"|
|2004||Celebrity Fit Club||Herself||Contestant|
|Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes||Herself||Performed as Nina Simone|
|Christmas Lights||Herself/TV Reporter|
|2006–2007||ITV Play||Presenter||This Morning Puzzlebook Quiz Show|
|2010||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Herself||Contestant, 10th Place|
|2012||Celebrity Coach Trip||Herself||Contestant, 2 Episodes, "Rimini, Italy" and "Faenza, Italy", Eliminated 5th|
|2012, 2013, 2014||Big Brother's Bit On The Side||Herself||4 Episodes, 14 June 2012, 19 June 2013, 4 September 2013 and 15 July 2014|
|2013||Celebrity Big Brother||Herself||Live Eviction 3, 1 Episode|
|Strictly Come Dancing||Herself||Contestant Eliminated 6th-10th place|
|2016||The Dumping Ground||Rowena Spike||2 Episodes, "Lost and Found" and "Bear-Faced Liar"|
- Celebrities Under Pressure (July 2004)
- Hell's Kitchen (April 2009)
- Hole in the Wall (October 2009)
- Angela and Friends (January 2010) – 3 episodes
- All Star Family Fortunes (December 2010) – Contestant, This Morning vs Emmerdale
- Celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (December 2012) – Contestant
- Big Star's Little Star (9 April 2014) – Contestant
- Weekend (3 May 2014) – Herself
- Who's Doing the Dishes? (2014) – Celebrity chef
- Celebrity Squares (19 April 2015) – Guest
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (1 May 2016) – Contestant
- Hacker Time (August 2016) - Guest
- "Alison evicted from Big Brother". BBC News. 8 June 2002. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Alison Hammond leaves the jungle". Google News. 29 November 2010. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Strictly Come Dancing: Alison Hammond joins the cast". Digital Spy.
- Michael Hogan (9 November 2014). "Alison Hammond voted off Strictly Come Dancing, review". Telegraph.co.uk.
- Coupe, Kerry (17 December 2015). "Royal Marine Cassidy Little to star in Christmas Strictly special". Stamford Mercury. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Five minutes with... Alison Hammond - Celebrity Gossip Woman's Own". Womansown.co.uk. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2014.