Rosen at Caroline's Comedy Club
|Born||Alison Michelle Rosen
May 11, 1975
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Podcaster, writer, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Quantz (2014-present)|
Alison Michelle Rosen (born May 11, 1975) is an American podcaster, writer, and television personality. She was the newsgirl on The Adam Carolla Show through the end of 2014. She has appeared as a guest on many television shows and has written articles for several magazines.
Alison grew up in Orange County, California and graduated from Pomona College. She lives in Los Angeles. Alison was also in a band when she was younger. In February 2017, She and her husband Daniel welcomed a boy, Elliot.
As a freelance writer, Alison has written articles for several magazines including Rolling Stone, People, and Village Voice. From 1999 to 2002, she worked for the OC Weekly as a writer and an editor. After moving to New York, Alison Rosen was a writer and editor for Time Out New York. She has appeared as a guest and television personality for programs on CNN and Fox News.
In 2011, Alison Rosen replaced Teresa Strasser as the newsgirl for The Adam Carolla Show, which has been recognized in the Guinness World Records as the world's most-downloaded podcast. On the show, Alison introduced news stories for discussion and commentary from Adam Carolla and his guests.
In February 2012, Alison launched her own podcast Alison Rosen is your New Best Friend, which releases episodes twice a week. On Monday episodes, Alison hosts a one-on-one interview with her guest, including television celebrities, comedians, other podcasters, and political commentators. Alison also releases a second show a week that usually has co-hosts from other workers from the Carolla crew. Within a few months, the podcast reached over one million downloads. In August 2013, the podcast was ranked #25 on the iTunes comedy podcast chart, and #121 on the overall iTunes podcast chart.
On January 5, 2015 (the first podcast episode of the year), it was announced that Alison would no longer be with the The Adam Carolla Show.
Other Radio and Podcast Appearances
Rosen appeared on Ken Reid's TV Guidance Counselor podcast on January 31, 2017.
- "TV/Theatrical". August 27, 2013.
- "Magazine/Publishing". August 27, 2013.
- "Alison Rosen". Huffington Post. August 27, 2013.
- "Alison Rosen Retraces Her Steps From OC Weekly to NYC and Now The Adam Carolla Podcast". February 4, 2011.
- "Adam Carolla now has Guinness World Record. Really.". May 19, 2011.
- "How Podcasts Conquered Comedy". August 27, 2013.
- "Alison Rosen on Making 'Friends' and Keeping Carolla Honest". May 23, 2012.
- "Alison Rosen is your New Best Friend". August 27, 2013.
- "Alison Rosen, Former OC Weekling, Boasts 1 Million Downloads of Her Newish Podcast Show". May 10, 2012.
- "Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend". http://alisonrosen.com/2015/01/ariynbf-345-jo-koy-returns/ (Podcast). Carolla Digital. 5 January 2015. Event occurs at 00:26. Retrieved 6 January 2015. External link in