Alix Bancourt is a fashion blogger who goes by the name The Cherry Blossom Girl. She is based in Paris, France. The title of Alix's blog, The Cherry Blossom Girl, comes from the French band Air's song "Cherry Blossom Girl". Her blog is written in French and translated to English by Victoria Morrison.
Alix is a fashion school graduate who has interned for Chloé and Alexander McQueen before starting her site in 2007. Her style is known for its use of pastels, flower prints and whimsical colors. Alix enjoys spending her time drawing and sewing and designs most of the clothing that she wears. Bancourt discovered through the creation of her blog, The Cherry Blossom Girl, that she likes to create and photograph thematic scenes to showcase her outfits, despite never having studied photography before. In 2010, photographer Scott Schuman snapped a picture of Alix during Paris Fashion Week that Crate & Barrel later used in a marketing campaign.
Bancourt has released a lingerie line, entitled "Miranda," in collaboration with Etam. But before becoming a fashion designer, Bancourt was interested in becoming an illustrator for children's books and a car/furniture designer.
- Teen Vogue Blogger of the Moment http://www.teenvogue.com/style/blogs/fashion/2008/06/blogger-of-the-moment-the-cher.html
- Bancourt, Alix (2007). "About". The Cherry Blossom Girl. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Unknown (2011). "Young and Posh". Glamour. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Bowerbank, Kelly (November 2009). "Rise of the E-Con: The Internet Style Icon". The Guardian.
- Apartment Therapy:Blogging...The Cherry Blossom Girl http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/blogging/bloggingthe-cherry-blossom-girl-078181
- Richard (February 15, 2012). "Another Mystery from Cherry Blossom Girl". Lingerie Talk.
|This article about a French writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|