|No. 24 – Indiana Pacers|
|Born||April 22, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||212 lb (96 kg)|
|High school||St. John Neuman Regional Academy|
|NBA draft||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50th overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2018–2019||→Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Alize DeShawn Johnson (born April 22, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Missouri State Bears of the Missouri Valley Conference.
Johnson was selected with the 50th pick in the second round of the 2018 NBA draft by the Pacers.
Johnson was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. As a freshman at St. John Neuman Regional Academy Johnson was a physically underwhelming 5-foot 9-inch point guard. By the time his high school days were over, however, Johnson had grown to 6 feet 4 inches while turning in a fairly decorated career along the way. Despite leading his team to a 30–1 record while averaging 24.1 points, 15.0 rebounds and 6.3 assists per game, Johnson had no Division I offers after his senior year, with only a little bit of interest from St. Peters and St. Francis.
Because of Johnson's lack of Division I offers he attended Frank Phillips College for his freshman and sophomore years. He then transferred to Missouri State University to finish his athletic and academic career.
On November 11, 2016, Johnson scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 91–65 win over Jacksonville State, and on December 14, 2016, he scored 20 points and recorded 16 rebound in a ten-point win over Oral Roberts. Later that month on December 30 Johnson scored a career-high 30 points on 50% shooting and grabbed 14 rebounds in an 81–75 overtime win over Indiana State. Johnson finished 2016–17 with 17 double-doubles scoring 20 or more points in nine games and grabbing 10+ rebounds in twenty-two games including a stretch in January of ten straight 10+ rebounds. Also Johnson had 20 or more rebounds twice and one thirty-point game, including a 21-rebound effort in February. He was named to the MVC All-Tournament team.
On April 21, 2017, Johnson declared for the 2017 NBA draft; however, Johnson did not hire an agent allowing him to return for his senior season. This move was most likely to receive feedback from NBA teams to see the interest. On May 15, 2017, Johnson was invited for a private workout with the Boston Celtics. Prior to the draft Johnson withdrew his name from the draft and returned to MSU for his senior year.
Prior to the 2017–18 Johnson was invited to the Adidas Nations basketball camp with the likes of Michael Porter Jr. and another top level NBA talent. Johnson was named Most Valuable Player in the camp over these players and thus improved his draft stock and multiple NBA teams took notice. Mock drafts had Johnson in the middle to the late first round and others beginning of the second round prior to the season.
Indiana Pacers (2018–present)
On June 21, 2018, Johnson was selected by the Indiana Pacers with the 50th pick in the 2018 NBA draft. On July 6, 2018 Johnson made his debut for the Pacers at the 2018 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas where against the Houston Rockets Johnson scored 15 points had 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 16 minutes of play. In the Pacers 2018 summer league finale Johnson started scoring 12 points grabbing 14 rebounds and having 4 assists. Johnson played in 4 games during the 2018 summer league averaging 12.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg and 1.6 apg in 23 minutes played.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Alize Johnson Stats - Season & Career Statistics". www.FoxSports.com. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Alize Johnson - 2016-17 Missouri State Men's Basketball Roster - Missouri State University". MissouriStateBears.com. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Missouri State routs Jacksonville State 91-65". ESPN.com. November 11, 2016. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "MSU beat Oral Roberts 86-76". espn.com. December 15, 2016. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "Alize Johnson led Missouri State (11-4, 2-0 Missouri Valley Conference) with a career-best 30 points and 15 rebounds". ESPN.com. December 30, 2016. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "MVC All Tournament team ..." twitter.com. March 5, 2017. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "Source confirms Missouri State F Alize Johnson will workout [sic] for the Boston Celtics early next week". Jordan Burton via Twitter. May 10, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- "Thank you Boston". Alize Johnson via Twitter. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- "MSU's Alize Johnson outshines Mizzou's Michael Porter Jr. at Adidas camp". Springfield News Leader. August 8, 2017. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- "Houston Rockets vs. Indiana Pacers - July 06, 2018 | NBA.com". NBA.com. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Atlanta Hawks vs. Indiana Pacers - July 11, 2018 | NBA.com". NBA.com. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Pacers Sign Alize Johnson | Indiana Pacers". Indiana Pacers. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- "Pacers sign second-round pick Alize Johnson". 8 Points, 9 Seconds. July 16, 2018. Retrieved July 17, 2018.