2 September 1969
|Spouse(s)||Ravi G. Kaushal|
Vishwa Mohan Badola (father) |
Varun Badola (brother)
Kalindi Badola (sister)
Rajeshwari Sachdev (sister-in-law)
Alka Kaushal (born Badola, Hindi: अल्का कौशल) is an Indian actress and producer, known for her work in Marathi cinema. She is also popular for her roles in TV shows such as Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan and Qubool Hai. She has played supportive roles in numerous Hindi TV serials, mainly negative characters or vamps.
Alka is the eldest of three children born to well-known stage artist Vishwa Mohan S. Badola and Susheela Badola. Her younger sister, Kalindi Badola, is a radio jockey on Radio Mirchi, and her brother Varun Badola is also a television actor. She had attended the National School of Drama Repertory in her hometown Delhi, and later moved to Mumbai to pursue a career on Indian television. She is married to TV producer and director, Ravi G. Kaushal; the couple have started their own production house, Mangalam Arts.
In 2017 the actress and her mother were sent for two years to Sangrur district jail after the Sangrur (Punjab) court upheld the two-year jail term awarded to the television actress and her mother in a cheque-bounce case by a lower court. Alka and her mother had borrowed Rs.50 lakh from farmer Avtar Singh, to make a serial and gave him two cheques of Rs 25 lakh each which bounced and so he moved a local court in Malerkotla in 2015, which sentenced the two to two years' imprisonment.
She made her television debut with Ramesh Sippy's Gathaand and was later seen in Tum Pukar Lo, Manzilein Apni Apni and Prratima. Her variety includes serials like Faasle, 9 Malabar Hill, Sansar, Kartavya and Kammal where she plays a lawyer. She is also seen in Zee TV's serial Qubool Hai. She was out of Qubool Hai for six months from December 2014 to June 2015, but was back for a little while to get the shows TRP higher, but she left the show to focus on her role in Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur as Parvati Gadodia. Now she is playing Tarkeshwari Singh/Tharka Bua on Sarojini to get her revenge on the Singh family.
|2018||Woh Apna Sa||Zee TV||Ambika Khanna|
|2017||Santoshi Maa||&TV||Kranti Maa (Antagonist)|
|2016||Sarojini||Zee TV||Tarkeshwari Singh (Antagonist)|
|2015–2016||Swaragini||Colors TV||Parvati Gadodia (Antagonist)|
|2014||Hamari Sister Didi||Sony Pal||Mrs. Kapoor|
|2012–2015||Qubool Hai||Zee TV||Razia Gaffor Ahmed Suiddiqui (Antagonist)|
|2011–2012||Don't Worry Chachu||SAB TV|
|2002–2009||Kumkum||Star Plus||Sukanya Wadhwa|
|Naya Daur||Zee TV|
|Akbar the Great|
|Tum Pukar Lo|
|9 Malabar Hill|
- Queen (2014) as Mrs. Mehra
- Dharam Sankat Mein (2015)
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) as Kareena Kapoor's Mother
- Veere Di Wedding (2018) as Mrs. Santosh Bhandari
- Soorma (2018) as Tapsee mother
- Meet Mila De Rabba
- Kho Gayi Manzilein… Kho Gayi
- Naya Daur
- Saturday Suspense
- Thriller @ 10
- "Alka Kaushal". Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- Harneet Singh (20 November 2002). "Kumkum's Sukanya bua is in town ... and so is Shanti's Ayesha". he Times of India. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Alka Kaushal, Shubhangi Gokhale & Rajendra Chawla in DJ's A Creative Unit's show". The Times of India. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- Ano Patel (27 April 2013). "The new showstealers". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Characters of vamps are very interesting, says Alka Kaushal". The Times of India. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Bajrangi Bhaijaan actor Alka Kaushal and her mom sent to jail for two years". hindustantimes.com. 9 July 2017. Retrieved 23 July 2017.