This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Sisoli village, Meerut district, Uttar Pradesh|
Alka Tomar is an Indian wrestler. The national National Women Wrestling champion of India, she received the bronze medal in Wrestling (55 kg Freestyle) at the Doha Asian Games in 2006. Alka Tomar also received a bronze at the Senior Wrestling Championships in Guangzhou in China 2006.
She is also a recipient of the 2007 Arjuna Award given for outstanding achievements in sports.
She was born and brought-up in a village of Sisoli in Meerut.
- "2003 Commonwealth Wrestling Championships - London, Ontario, Canada ARTICLES & RESULTS". Commonwealth Amateur Wrestling Association (CAWA). Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Indian grapplers sweep gold in Commonwealth Championship". Zee News. 2 July 2005. Archived from the original on 27 November 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Indian women win three gold in Commonwealth Wrestling". Zee News. PTI. 19 December 2009. Archived from the original on 27 November 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "RESULTS - 2011 Championships". Commonwealth Amateur Wrestling Association (CAWA). Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Alka Tomar clinches gold". The Hindu. 7 December 2008. Archived from the original on 10 December 2008. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Now I am a celebrity in my village: wrestler Alka Tomar". The Indian Express. 24 February 2010. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Alka, Anita deliver gold in women's wrestling". NDTV. Press Trust of India. 8 October 2010. Archived from the original on 1 February 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
|This biographical article relating to an Indian sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|