This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All-4-One in Bangkok.
|Origin||Antelope Valley, California, U.S.|
All-4-One is a Grammy Award Winning American male R&B and pop group best known for their hit singles "I Swear" and "I Can Love You Like That". The group comprises Jamie Jones, Delious Kennedy, Alfred Nevarez, and Tony Borowiak, all from the Antelope Valley and Mojave, California areas, but are based in the Greater Los Angeles Area. The group has sold 22 million records worldwide.
All-4-One's hit "I Swear" won a Grammy Award in 1995 for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and enjoyed an eleven-week run at Number One on the Billboard Hot 100, as well as a six-week run at Number One on the Australian Singles Chart and a seven-week run at No. 2 on the UK Singles Chart. Other RIAA Gold-certified hits by the group include remakes of "So Much in Love" (1993), "I Can Love You Like That" (1995), and "Someday", from the soundtrack to Disney's 1996 animated film The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
A rift between their independent label, Blitzz Records, and their major label, Atlantic Records, led to the group leaving Atlantic Records as well as Blitzz Records after the release of the album On and On in 1999. The shift in labels left the group in limbo for a few years as they contemplated their next move. In 2001, the follow-up album, A41, was released on AMC Records, yielding "Beautiful as U", a top 20 hit on the Radio & Records Adult Contemporary chart. The group's 2004 album, Split Personality, was given an Asia-only release, and subsequently gave them Asian hits with "Someone Who Lives in Your Heart" and "I Just Wanna Be Your Everything". For much of the 2000s All-4-One spent their time touring Asia, in cities such as Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Seoul, Bangkok, Shanghai and Sydney.
In 2009, All-4-One released No Regrets on the Peak Records/Concord Music Group label. The album was largely created in-house, with the group doing the writing for the album, and Jamie Jones production company, The Heavyweights, doing a lot of the production work. The CD produced the Urban Adult Contemporary hit "My Child".
In February 2016, All-4-One joined the inaugural "I Love the 90's" Tour with their peers Salt-N-Pepa featuring Spinderalla, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Tone Loc, Color Me Badd, Rob Base, Kid N Play and Young MC.
In 2004, Jones released the album "Illuminate" on Genesis Records.
Kennedy is the co-founder of the esteemed Catalina Film Festival, known as the west coast's version of the Cannes Film Festival. The Catalina Film Festival is a destination festival located just off the coast of Los Angeles on Santa Catalina Island, California.
In 2016 Kennedy launched his talk show, Flashback Tonight, which interviews celebrities from the 80s, 90s and early 00s. Guests have included Richard Marx, Rick Springfield, Taylor Dayne, Karyn White, Marla Gibbs, & Coolio. Past episodes can be viewed at www.flashbacktonight.com.
In 2012, Kennedy released a single he co-wrote entitled "My Rose" which peaked at No. 44 on Billboard's Hot Dance/Club charts.
- Jamie Jones (born November 26, 1974; age 44)
- Delious Kennedy (born December 21, 1970; age 48)
- Alfred Nevarez (born May 18, 1973; age 45)
- Tony Borowiak (born October 12, 1972; age 46)
- All-4-One (1994)
- And the Music Speaks (1995)
- An All-4-One Christmas (1995)
- On and On (1999)
- A41 (2002)
- Split Personality (2004)
- No Regrets (2009)
- Christmas EP - Volume 1 (2014)
- Twenty+ (2015)
|1995||Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal||I Swear||Pop||Winner|
|1996||Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal||I Can Love You Like That||Pop||Nominated|
|Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal||I'm Your Man||R&B||Nominated|
American Music Awards
|1995||Favorite New Artist Soul/Rhythm and Blues||So Much in Love||R&B||Winner|
|Favorite Soul/R&B Single||I Swear||R&B||Nominated|
|Favorite Pop/Rock New Artist||All-4-One||Nominated|
- 1994 - Nominated for a Billboard Award for Song of the Year for "I Swear"
- 1994 - Coca-Cola Australian Music Awards - Most Popular
- 1994 - Golden Europa - Favorite New International Act
- 1994 - Biggest-Selling Single in the Guinness Book of World Records for "I Swear"
- 1994 - International Song for "I Swear"
- 1995 - Nominated for the Tina Turner Music Prize
- 1995 - Singapore Perfect 10 Music Awards - Favorite New Act
- 1996 - Sang National Anthem, Game 3 of the 1996 World Series at Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- "Gold & Platinum - RIAA". RIAA.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "All-4-One Returns to R&B With No Regrets - R&B Haven". Rnbhaven.com. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- Jason Lipshutz (2015-02-06). "All-4-One Song Premiere: Stream 'Baby Love' from 20th Anniversary Album 'Twenty+'". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Catalina Film Festival". Catalinaff.org. 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Flashback Tonight". Flashback Tonight. Retrieved 2017-04-15.