1914 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 1914)
|Dates||10 May - 18 October 1914|
|Winning team||Clare (1st win)|
|No. matches played||14|
|Goals total||88 (6.2 per game)|
|Points total||75 (5.3 per game)|
|All-Star Team||See here|
The 1914 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship was the 28th staging of the All-Ireland hurling championship since its establishment by the Gaelic Athletic Association in 1887. The championship began on 10 May 1914 and ended on 18 October 1914.
|Team||Colours||Most recent success|
|Clare||Saffron and blue||1889|
|Cork||Red and white||1903||1912|
|Dublin||Navy and blue||1889||1908|
|Galway||Maroon and white||1912|
|Kerry||Green and gold||1891||1891|
|Kilkenny||Black and amber||1913||1913|
|Laois||Blue and white|
|Limerick||Green and white||1897||1911|
|Offaly||Green, white and gold|
|Roscommon||Blue and saffron||1913|
|Tipperary||Blue and gold||1908||1913|
|Waterford||Blue and white|
|Westmeath||Maroon and white|
|Wexford||Purple and gold||1910||1910|
Connacht Senior Hurling Championship
Leinster Senior Hurling Championship
Munster Senior Hurling Championship
All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
- Laois win the Leinster title for the first time in their history.
- The All-Ireland final is the first ever championship meeting of Clare and Laois. Clare win the All-Ireland title for the first time in their history.
- Corry, Eoghan, The GAA Book of Lists (Hodder Headline Ireland, 2005).
- Donegan, Des, The Complete Handbook of Gaelic Games (DBA Publications Limited, 2005).
- "All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Roll of Honour". The GAA website. Archived from the original on 5 September 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.