Ashley Taylor Dawson
Sandi Lee Hughes
allSTARS* were a British pop group, who were active between 2001 and 2002, enjoying some chart success in the UK. Consisting of Sandi Lee Hughes, Thaila Zucchi, Ashley Taylor Dawson, Rebecca Hunter (the first letter of each band member's name making up the "stars" of their group name), they were probably best noted for having their own television show, STARStreet*, on CITV between 2001 and 2002.
Formation and Split
The group managed to score four Top 20 singles in a year. The first was the theme tune to STARStreet*, "Best Friends", which peaked at No.20 in June 2001. The second was a double A-side of their own track, "Things That Go Bump in the Night", and a cover of Duran Duran's "Is There Something I Should Know?", the former track later appearing on the soundtrack to the first Scooby Doo movie. It reached No.12 in September 2001.
Their third single, released in January 2002, was another cover, this time of Bucks Fizz's "The Land of Make Believe", and it gave them their first and only top 10 hit, reaching No.9. Their fourth single, released in late April 2002, was another double A-side, but this time both were original tracks, "Back When" and "Going All the Way", the latter appearing on the soundtrack to the movie Thunderpants. This however reached No.19, and when their self-titled debut album only managed to peak at No.43 - spending only 2 weeks in the UK Albums Chart, the band parted ways with their record company, Island, and split up soon after, in June 2002. The album was re-released with a bonus remix CD.
After the band
- Thaila Zucchi did some presenting work in the Meridian region of ITV, which included announcing the regional results for Record Of The Year in 2003. In 2005, she played the Bunny Boiler character in Channel 4's Balls of Steel. In 2006, she was one of the lead characters in Channel 4's Star Stories. She also appeared as "fake" housemate Pauline in Big Brother 8 but was evicted for being found out to be fake by the housemates. In Summer 2007, she appeared in an advert for Setanta Sports with Des Lynam.
- Rebecca Hunter played Melanie in Channel Five soap opera Family Affairs from 2003 to 2005. She got married in 2007 and moved to California. She has two children; a son born in 2010 and a daughter born in 2013.
- Ashley Taylor Dawson returned to playing the role of Darren Osborne in Channel 4's Hollyoaks. He was still part of the cast in 2010 when he was nominated for three British Soap Awards. He is engaged to Karen Mckay and they have two sons called Buddy Mac and Mason Taylor Dawson. He also appeared on Strictly Come dancing with partner Ola Jordan.
- Sandi Lee Hughes has kept a low profile since the band's demise. She married children's TV presenter Dominic Wood in 2005 and in January 2008 she gave birth to a baby boy called Tommy, The couple appeared on ITV1's All Star Mr & Mrs in May 2008. In summer 2010, Sandi gave birth to another baby boy called Sam.
- Sam Bloom is the co-founder of 'Inspiring Interns', an award-winning recruitment agency for interns and graduates in Central London.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart position|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Things That Go Bump in the Night" / "Is There Something I Should Know?"||12|
|2002||"The Land of Make Believe"||9|
|"Back When / Going All The Way"||19|
- Big Brother: Thaila to dupe HMs (The Sun Online)
- "Meet the Team – Sam Bloom » Inspiring Interns – The latest News & Discussions surrounding Internships in London". Inspiringinterns.com. 2011-05-18. Retrieved 2012-04-28.