All About My Brother
|"All About My Brother"|
|Gossip Girl episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Janice Cooke-Leonard|
|Written by||Paul Sciarrotta|
|Original air date||May 5, 2008 (The CW)|
"All About My Brother" is the 16th episode of the CW television series, Gossip Girl. The episode was written by Paul Sciarrotta and directed by Janice Cooke-Leonard. It originally aired on Monday, May 5, 2008 on CW.
- Czech Republic: Vše o mém bratrovi (All About My Brother)
- Jenny is seen using Evite to invite everyone to her party.
- After publicly humiliating Jenny and Asher, Blair's clique ask her where they're going to celebrate and mentions a Waverly restaurant and the Lower East Side bar, 151.
- When Lily discusses seating arrangements for her wedding, she requests a waiter to have Serena seated far away from former New York governor, Eliot Spitzer.
- Penelope compares Gossip Girl to Page Six when the blog halts its acceptance of gossip involving Jenny and Blair.
- Hazel compares Jenny to Vanessa Hudgens while Blair compares Jenny to Katie Holmes when a rumor implying Asher's alleged homosexuality spreads.
- Frustrated with Gossip Girl's choice of halting her publishing of gossip involving her and Jenny, Blair expresses to Dan how Gossip Girl's credibility is now similar to an inebriated Tinsley Mortimer.
- Jenny reveals that Dan wears L.L.Bean pants.
- Lily discusses hiring both wedding planner Preston Bailey and noted cake-maker Sylvia Weinstock for her wedding.
"All About My Brother" was watched by 2.12 million of viewers, and it's the least watched episode of the series to be aired in 2008.
Buzz Sugar, from BuzzSugar, gave the episode a positive review, and praised Leighton Meester's performances by saying that "Blair was on fire". She said that the "surrender of Little J to Blair was", in her own words, "classic". Jacob, from Television Without Pity, also gave the episode a positive review, claiming that the episode was as a whole "awesome", and that the final scene of Serena saying to Blair that she killed someone as a great surprise for the episode. Isabelle Carreau, from TV Squad, had used the word "OMFG" to describe how great the episode was, and that "the suspense" of Serena's storyline was "killing" her.
- "Gossip Girl Episode Listings". thefutoncritic.com. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "'Gossip Girl' Blows Our Minds". New York Magazine. May 20, 2008. Archived from the original on April 14, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "All About My Brother". TV.com. May 20, 2008. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "Gossip Girl "All About My Brother" Episode Guide". TV Fanatic. May 20, 2008. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- ""Gossip Girl" All About My Brother (TV episode 2008)". IMDB. May 20, 2008. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- Sugar, Buzz (May 6, 2008). "Gossip Girl Rundown: Episode 16, "All About My Brother"". BuzzSugar. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- Jacob (May 6, 2008). "When You Were a Fever". Television Without Pity. Archived from the original on March 28, 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- Carreau, Isabelle (May 6, 2008). "Gossip Girl: All About My Brother". TV Squad. Retrieved July 22, 2010.