All About Tonight (Blake Shelton song)
|"All About Tonight"|
|Single by Blake Shelton|
|from the album All About Tonight|
|Released||April 5, 2010|
|Format||Airplay, music download|
|Length||3:27 (album version)
3:20 (single version)
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville
|Blake Shelton singles chronology|
"All About Tonight" is a song written by Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip, also known as The Peach Pickers, and recorded by American country music artist Blake Shelton. It serves as the first single from All About Tonight, his second extended play, and seventh studio release.
The lyrics in All About Tonight focus around partying and living in the moment. Co-writer Rhett Akins told The Boot that they wanted to write a song about how they don't care about tomorrow because tomorrow can wait until tomorrow. Akins said "we just went from there and touched on things like I know I'm going to have a headache in the morning, and I'll probably be broke. There's no telling what we're going to do, and I don't even care because it's all about tonight. That's all I'm worried about! It's a good, fun party song about where the night is going to go. After we wrote it, we thought it sounds just like a Blake Shelton song."
Giving the song four and-a-half out of five stars, Matt Bjorke of Roughstock stated that "Even if “All About Tonight” isn’t a ‘deep’ song, it has that southern rock melody mixed with a good time joe attitude that clearly makes “All About Tonight” one of the most obvious hit singles of Blake Shelton’s career to date"
Blake Boldt with Engine 145 gave the song a "thumbs down" rating, saying that "Shelton convinces as a liquored-up barfly who’s itching for his next conquest. In a radio climate that favors long-term love affairs, a song that even suggests a one-night stand is a slightly-bold move. That’s about the only risk taken on “Tonight,” which swings along on a standard modern-country production with a touch of twang. The nifty slide guitar line in the bridge is a neat twist, but the rest of “Tonight” is a forgettable template plugged into a filler tune."
"All About Tonight" debuted at No. 45 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in April 2010. For the week of August 28, 2010, the song became his seventh Number One on the Hot Country Songs chart.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||63|
|US Billboard Hot 100||37|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
by Zac Brown Band
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
August 28 – September 11, 2010
"Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer"
by Billy Currington
- Conaway, Alanna (June 18, 2010). "Blake Shelton, 'All About Tonight' – Story Behind the Lyrics". The Boot. Archived from the original on June 20, 2010. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- "Blake Shelton – "All About Tonight"". Roughstock.com. April 5, 2010. Archived from the original on June 19, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2010.
- "Blake Shelton – "All About Tonight"". Engine 145. May 6, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2010.
- "Music Binge – 6.16.10 : All About Tonight". Country Music Television. Archived from the original on June 28, 2010. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- "CMT : Videos : Blake Shelton : All About Tonight". Country Music Television. Archived from the original on July 12, 2010. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- "Blake Shelton – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Blake Shelton. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Blake Shelton – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Blake Shelton. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Blake Shelton – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Blake Shelton. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Archived from the original on December 11, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.