|Origin||Columbus, Ohio, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Genres||Pop punk, Indie rock|
|Associated acts||Saintseneca, Slaughter Beach, Dog, Swearin'|
Maryn Jones |
All Dogs is a pop punk quartet from Columbus, Ohio. Its members are singer/guitarist Maryn Jones, who has also played with Saintseneca, drummer Jesse Wither, who has also played with the punk band Delay, bassist Amanda Bartley, and guitarist Nick Harris, who also plays in the Philadelphia based band Slaughter Beach, Dog.
All Dogs was founded in 2012, and released their first cassette in July 2013, as their half of a split cassette with Slouch, another Ohio band. On this cassette, All Dogs contributed 6 songs, 5 of which were originals and one of which was a cover. In 2015, the band released their debut album, Kicking Every Day, on Salinas Records.
All Dogs' debut cassette was described by Pitchfork Media as "pierced with a strong sense of yearning." Liz Perry wrote in Stereogum that the six songs All Dogs included on the cassette "contain more perfect anxiousness and earnestness than some bands can get out in a whole album." Laura Snapes, writing for Pitchfork, gave Kicking Every Day a rating of 7.6 out of 10, and described it as "a warm thump of encouragement from an equally grubby hand." Sasha Geffen, of Consequence of Sound, gave the album a B- and said that it "roils with internal confusions and frustrations," and that it is "awfully charming for something that’s eating itself alive from the inside." On April 1, 2016, lead vocalist of punk rock band Green Day posted a short clip of All Dogs' live performance on Instagram with the description "ALL DOGS!!!! great band".
- Kicking Every Day - Salinas Records, LP, MP3 (2015)
- All Dogs - Salinas Records, 7", MP3 (2013)
- Split with Slouch - Self Released, Cassette, MP3 (2013)
- Pelly, Jenn (28 August 2013). "Farm Review". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Sendra, Tim. "All Dogs Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Pelly, Liz (12 September 2013). "Band To Watch: All Dogs". Stereogum. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Downing, Andy (31 October 2013). "All Dogs go to pop-punk heaven". Columbus Alive. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Snapes, Laura (3 September 2015). "Kicking Every Day Review". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Geffen, Sasha (25 August 2015). "Kicking Every Day Review". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "Billie Joe Armstrong on Instagram: "ALL DOGS!!!! great band"". Instagram. Retrieved 2016-04-05.