All Hallows Catholic College, Macclesfield
|Mottoes||Christi Crux Est Mea Lux|
|Principal||Mr. A.S Billings|
|Founder||Diocese of Shrewsbury|
|DfE URN||139139 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Barlow, Clitherow, Fisher, Hume, More, Newman and Wiseman.|
|Website||All Hallows Catholic College|
All Hallows' Catholic College is a large Roman Catholic co-educational secondary school and sixth form that educates approximately 1276 children between 11 and 19 years of age. The college is judged by Ofsted to be outstanding in all categories (2014). This is the second time the college has been awarded the grade outstanding, the first being in 2011. The college became a Voluntary (Converter) academy on 1 January 2013 replacing the former voluntary aided status, and is supported by its trustees, the Catholic Diocese of Shrewsbury. It is located in the town of Macclesfield in Cheshire, England. The school opened as All Hallows' Catholic High School in 1962 and the first head teacher was Mr. William Blackledge, who was followed by Mr. Richard K. Weremczyk. The current Principal is Mr. Anthony S. Billings (who was a former student there himself). The school was renamed a college following designation as a specialist college for business and enterprise with ethics in 2006. The additional specialism of languages was added in 2010 and the college is now a faith school specialising in Business, Ethical Enterprise and Languages. In light of this, the College now offers language specialisms in French, Spanish, German, Latin, and Mandarin Chinese.
The college follows the National Curriculum with particular emphasis on the expressive arts, sports, and business and enterprise with ethics. This means a special emphasis is placed on the importance of mathematics and personal finance, business and enterprise skills, and information technology, in preparing young people for a successful future. Languages specialism was added in 2010 and since September 2011 there is the provision for students to learn more than one language. Students can choose from German, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Latin. The college has a shortened Key Stage 3 (Year 7 and 8) and an innovative curriculum in which student undertake Key Stage 4 learning pathways in Years 9 to 11. This curriculum is graded outstanding (1) by Ofsted. [Ofsted 2011, 2014]
Leading Aspect Award
The college has achieved the Leading Aspect Award, supported by links with the Co-operative College and the co-operative movement. This ethical sponsorship has synergy with Catholic social teaching about the common good as expressed in the document Populorum Progressio.
All Hallows' Learning Community
All Hallows' Learning Community is a partnership of Church schools which work as a closely networked community of faith and learning. In addition to All Hallows Catholic College, the schools involved in the community are:
- St Alban’s Catholic Primary [Macclesfield]
- St Benedict’s Catholic Primary [Handforth]
- Christ The King Primary School (A joint church school, replacing St Edward's Catholic Primary and St Barnabas' C of E Primary schools) [Macclesfield]
- St Gregory’s Catholic Primary [Bollington]
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary [Congleton]
- St Paul’s Catholic Primary [Poynton]
- St John the Evangelist Church of England Primary School [Macclesfield]
The Holy Family of Nazareth Academy Trust was established on 1 January 2013 for schools in the partnership who wish to become voluntary academies. The aim of the Trust is to further enhance the joint working relationships established between the schools within the Learning Community.
- Specialist Status: A Catholic Voluntary Academy providing a rich curriculum including Business and Enterprise with Ethics, Languages and the rural dimension through a College Farm.
- Other specialist offers: Career Academy UK, Arkwright Scholarships (Technology), Co-operative Business and Enterprise Colleges network.
- Awards: Leading Aspect Award, Artsmark Gold, SSAT Advanced Consultant School Status, Sportsmark, ICT Mark, Becta ICT Excellence Award (2008), EcoSchools (Green Flag), Full International Schools Award, Heathy Schools Award, Inclusion Quality Mark, Warwick Award for excellence in Enterprise Education, Arts Mark (Gold), Dyslexia Friendly School (British Dyslexia Association), RE mark (Gold), 360 E Safety Award.
- Sharing best practice: All Hallows is a National Support School with the Principal being designated as a National Leader in Education. It is also the National Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme (TEEP) Champion Centre, and is a strategic partner in three Teaching School Alliances.