All I Do Is Win
|"All I Do Is Win"|
|Single by DJ Khaled featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Rick Ross and Snoop Dogg|
|from the album Victory|
|Released||February 8, 2010|
|Format||Digital download, Airplay|
|Label||We the Best, Terror Squad, E1|
|Writer(s)||Christopher Bridges, Calvin Broadus, Johnny Mollings, Lenny Mollings, William Roberts|
|Producer(s)||DJ Nasty & LVM|
|Certification||2× Platinum (RIAA)|
|DJ Khaled singles chronology|
"All I Do Is Win" is the second official single from DJ Khaled's fourth studio album Victory. The track features artists T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross. It was released on February 8, 2010, along with "Put Your Hands Up". The single was certified Double Platinum by the RIAA. It is the only Billboard Hot 100 charting single from the album.
The music video debuted on BET's 106 and Park on March 3, 2010 along with the video for "Put Your Hands Up". It has DJ Khaled with his BET Awards and is filmed mostly with a green screen. It has a scene of him at the 2008 BET Hip-Hop Awards show accepting an award for his song "I'm So Hood (Remix)".
A video for the official remix was shot in Florida. The video was directed by Dayo & Gil Green. Photos of the shoot were also leaked online. The video features cameos from Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, T-Pain, Jadakiss, Puff Daddy and Busta Rhymes. A behind-the-scenes video was released on June 2, 2010. The remix's music video was released on June 29, 2010.
|"All I Do Is Win (Remix)"|
|Promotional single by DJ Khaled featuring T-Pain, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe and Swizz Beatz from the album Victory (Target Bonus Track)|
|Released||June 8, 2010|
|Label||We the Best, Terror Squad, E1|
|Writer||Faheem Najm, William Roberts, Sean Combs, & J. Jackson, Onika Maraj, Trevor Smith, Jason Phillips, Joseph Cartagena, Kasseem Dean, Khaled Khaled|
|Producer||DJ Nasty & LVM, Birdman|
On April 28, 2010, the official remix was released. It features Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Swizz Beatz on background vocals, and T-Pain. Jadakiss's verse is a sample from "Allergic to Losing", a song from his 2010 mixtape The Champ Is Here 3. The remix was released as a digital single on iTunes on June 8, 2010. A music video has been shot and was released on June 29, 2010. Flo Rida, Red Cafe, Junior Reid, Ace Hood, Drake, Lil Wayne, Gunplay of Triple C's, Brisco & DJ Nasty & LVM made cameos on the video. Swizz Beatz was not included in the video. DJ Khaled also raps a verse on the remix.
There is another remix titled "Hood Remix" or "G-Mix" which is by Nappy Boy artist Young Cash. The remix features a new rap line up, Yo Gotti, Gudda Gudda, Bun B, Ice Berg, 2 Chainz, T-Pain, & Field Mob. On this version, instead of T-Pain on the chorus, Young Cash is, while T-Pain delivers a verse of his own. Lil Wayne has done a freestyle as well as T.I..
In popular culture
The song has become an anthem for numerous sports teams, most notably the Auburn Tigers football team during their 2010 national championship season. It was played during the team's pregame entrance video as well as following each home victory in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Milwaukee Brewers also play this song after every home game victory as does the Texas Longhorns football band and the Michigan Wolverines after a men's basketball win. Boxer Devon Alexander uses the song as his entrance music, the Arizona State Sun Devils, Purdue All American Marching Band, and the Arizona State University Sun Devil Marching Band use it during their athletic programs as well as the East Carolina Pirates and LSU Tigers football teams, the Alabama Crimson Tide and Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball teams, Vampire Weekend on their 2010 tour, and it was also used as the celebratory music by the 2010 Stanley Cup champions The Chicago Blackhawks. The New York Knicks professional basketball team also use an instrumental version of the song for their player intros during the 2010–11 NBA season. The Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, Indiana Pacers, Portland Trail Blazers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Carolina Panthers, and Nashville Predators play this song after every home game victory. The song has gained popularity among Miami Hurricanes football fans as Snoop Dogg's line "We like the U in the 80's" refers to the University of Miami football team that dominated college football in the 80's and early 90's. It was subsequently arranged for the Band of the Hour, Miami's marching band. Internet mashup artist DJ Earworm has included the song in a mash-up designed for the 2012 Summer Olympics. A remix version was made in December 2011 for Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos, called "All He Does Is Win" – the video went viral on YouTube. The New Orleans Saints play the chorus of "All I Do Is Win" during home games.
At the 2013 White House Correspondents' Dinner, President Barack Obama was introduced to "Hail to the Chief," which quickly cut to a snippet of "All I Do is Win." On April 28, 2014, actress Emma Stone lip synched the song in a "Lip Sync Battle" against late-night talk show host Jimmy Fallon.
The song debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 63 chart date of March 6, 2010, and peaked at this chart at No. 24 for the chart dated July 24, 2010. It also peaked at No. 8 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in 2010. The song was certified double platinum by RIAA on July 6, 2011. The song re-entered the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in May 2014 at No. 23. As of May 2014, the song has sold over 3 million copies in the U.S.
The song debuted on the Canadian Hot 100 chart at No. 69 for the chart date of March 6, 2010.
Charts and certifications
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||24|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||8|
|U.S. Billboard Rap Songs||6|
|Canadian Hot 100||69|
|German Black Chart||12|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||98|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||20|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||79|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||80,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||2× Platinum||3,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "All I Do Is Win (feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Nicki Minaj & Rick Ross) - Single by DJ Khaled - Download All I Do Is Win (feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross) - Single on iTunes". Itunes.apple.com. February 9, 2010. Archived from the original on March 7, 2011. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- "DJ Khaled / Ludacris / Rick Ross / Snoop Dogg / T-Pain All I Do Is Win". Allmusic. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "American single certifications – DJ Khaled – All I Do Is Win". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- [dead link]
- Nigel D. "All I Do Is Win Remix Video Shoot". Realtalkny.uproxx.com. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Video: Behind The Scenes of DJ Khaled "All I Do Is Win" ft. Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Jadakiss & Fat Joe. | News | Rick Ross | Artists | Def Jam". Island Def Jam. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- "All I Do Is Win (Remix) [feat. T-Pain, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe & Swizz Beatz] - Single by DJ Khaled - Download All I Do Is Win (Remix) [feat. T-Pain, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe & Swizz Beatz] - Single on iTunes". Itunes.apple.com. June 8, 2010. Archived from the original on February 22, 2011. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- "KNICKS: Knicks Mix - 12/22/2010". Nba.com. December 22, 2010. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- Denver Nuggets
- Carley, Brennan (10 July 2012). "DJ Earworm Building Beats For Summer Olympic Games". Billboard.com. Retrieved 29 Dec 2013.
- Adams, Erik (8 Aug 2013). "The 2012 Summer Olympics: August 7, 2012". AVClub.com. Retrieved 29 Dec 2013.
- Chappell, Bill (April 28, 2013). "Obama And O'Brien Take Jabs At Politics And Media (Highlights)". The Two-Way. NPR. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- C-SPAN (April 27, 2013). "President Obama at 2013 White House Correspondents' Dinner (C-SPAN)". Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- Waxman, Olvia B. (April 28, 2014). "WATCH: Emma Stone and Jimmy Fallon Face Off in Epic Lip Sync Battle". Time. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Emily White (May 8, 2014). "Ray LaMontagne's 'Supernova' Shines At No. 1 On Top Rock Albums Chart". Billboard.
- Grein, Paul (May 7, 2014). "Chart Watch: John Legend Wins A Squeaker". Yahoo! Music. Yahoo!.
- Die Deutschen Trend Charts (July 17, 2009). "Die Deutschen Trend Charts". Trendcharts.de. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- "Archive Chart: 14-05-10" UK Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2014-05-10" UK R&B Chart.
- "Hot 100 Songs : Apr 22, 2013 - (Chart position) | Billboard Chart Archive". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Canadian single certifications – Dj Khaled – All I Do Is Win". Music Canada.
- "All I Do Is Win" music video on YouTube
- "All I Do Is Win (Remix)" music video on YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics