All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar
|अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान भुवनेश्वर|
|Endowment||₹11.24 billion (US$170 million) per annum|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Director||Dr. Ashok Mahapatra|
|Undergraduates||100 per year|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar (AIIMS Bhubaneswar) is a medical college and medical research public university located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. The Institute operates autonomously under the aegis of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India). Previously, AIIMS Bhubaneswar was known as the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose All India Institute of Medical Sciences, later it became AIIMS Bhubaneswar.
AIIMS Bhubaneswar is situated in the center of the city of Bhubaneswar. It was built on about 100 acres of land in the Sijua neighborhood of Bhubaneswar. The AIIMS – Bhubaneswar is divided into three sections: a Hospital, a Medical college, and Student Housing which is under construction. The hospital was built by AIIMS at a cost of ₹2.64 billion (US$39 million). Approximately ₹1 billion (US$15 million) was projected to be spent for the construction of the medical college and ₹500 million (US$7.4 million) for the construction of the student housing. There will also be a 350-bed satellite location in Kalama village, Jaleswar block, Balasor district. 978 bedded AIIMS Bhubaneswar was inaugurated by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Gulam Nabi Azad on 26 February 2014.
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
|Business – India|
AIIMS Bhubaneswar was ranked 16 by Careers360.
Student life and academics
The first academic year was 2010–11 and it began on 21 October. First batch of MBBS with 50 students was started on 21 September 2012. The Second batch of students for Undergraduate courses for the academic year 2013-14 joined in August 2013. The new batch consists of 100 students selected from all over India. Also the 1st Nursing batch of 60 students were admitted in September 2013.The students are represented by the Students' Union AIIMS Bhubaneswar, headed by an executive body that is elected every year from students of 6th semester voted by all the students from 2nd semester. The first Students' Union got elected on 27th February 2015 after the first batch attended 6th semester and is headed by founder president Shri Sambit Sagar and vice president Shri Avnish Kumar Singh. The Students' Union is credited with organising the first ever Inter AIIMS Inter Medics fest named CHIASMA 2K16 from February 4th to 7th acknowledging AIIMS Bhubaneswar as the first institution amongst its siblings to take such an initiative. The medi fest registered participation from medical students of different AIIMS along with medical students from state government and private medical colleges who showcased their talents from plethora of different events.
- On 29 November 2012, AIIMS Bhubaneswar, in partnership with the OTTET, Bhubaneswar and Technical Assistance from SGPGI, Lucknow, started a regional telemedicine centre on its campus. A Department of Community Medicine and Family Medicine at AIIMS Bhubaneswar was inaugurated by RDC (Central Division) on 7 January 2013.
- According to Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad, the hospital facility at AIIMS Bhubaneswar is likely to start in Summer 2013, and the hospital will have 1,000 beds and 39 specialty branches. A 75-bed hospital and a 10-bed Intensive care unit (ICU) will start functioning in August 2013. There will be wards with 15 bed each of Cancer, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medicine, Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- On 26 February 2014, the institute's hospital for formally inaugurated.
- On 26 February 2014,AIIMS Bhubaneswar launched e-transit pass, a smart card for patients.
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012
The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. This bill will also replace a recent ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. The proposed measure will help the Centre to change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be an Autonomous Body Corporate on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi. AIIMS(Amendment) Bill, 2012 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012 and passed on 4 September 2012.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Education in India
- Education in Odisha
- List of medical colleges in India
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Bhubaneswar AIIMS classes from September 21". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- TNN (17 August 2012). "Slow pace of work irks AIIMS director". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- TNN (30 June 2011). "City AIIMS to be ready by Sept 2012, says govt". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "600 turn up for handful of jobs at Bhubaneswar AIIMS". The Times of India. November 6, 2012. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Ashok Pradhan, TNN (9 Nov 2012). "Premier medical college drops Netaji". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 Nov 2012.
- PTI (6 May 2012). "AIIMS, Bhubaneswar academic session to begin this September". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Ashok Pradhan, TNN (14 July 2012). "AIIMS booster to peripheral villages". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "AIIMS Bhubaneswar to start first batch by Sept 15". Business Standard. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "350-bed AIIMS hospital at Balasore — The Times of India". The Times Of India. 16 December 2013.
- "AIIMS Bhubaneswar inaugurated by Gulam Nabi Azad". The Times Of India. 26 February 2014.
- Barik, Satyasundar (27 February 2014). "High drama at AIIMS inaugural". The Hindu (Chennai, India).
- "BJD, Congress vie to take credit for AIIMS — The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Top Medical Colleges in India 2016". Careers360.
- "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". Daily pioneer. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Academic session at AIIMS Bhubaneswar begins". Business Standard. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Admission begins at Bhubaneswar AIIMS". The Times of India. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Ashok Pradhan, TNN (17 September 2012). "Health advisory greets city AIIMS students". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- TNN (30 November 2012). "AIIMS opens telemedicine centre". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- The Pioneer. Dailypioneer.com (1970-01-01). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- The Pioneer. Dailypioneer.com (1970-01-01). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Minati Singha, TNN (31 January 2013). "AIIMS service from June". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 Jan 2013.
- "Hospital facility at AIIMS-Bhubaneswar likely to start in July". Press Trust of India. January 31, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- TNN (10 July 2013). "AIIMS to start 75-bed hospital". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Bhubaneswar: Smart card for AIIMS patients — The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "AIIMS-Bhubaneswar to launch smart card for patients today". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 26 February 2014.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu (New Delhi, India).
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times (New Delhi, India).
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.