All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalagiri
|President||T. S. Ravikumar|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalagiri (AIIMS Mangalagiri or AIIMS-M or AIIMS-MG) is a medical research public higher education institute located in the Mangalagiri in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of the four "Phase-IV" All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) announced in July 2014. It is located between Guntur and Vijayawada.
On July 2014, in the budget speech for 2014–15, the Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley announced a budget of ₹500 crore (equivalent to ₹643 crore or US$90 million in 2019) for setting up four new AIIMS, in Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and the Purvanchal region in Uttar Pradesh, the so-called "Phase-IV" institutes. In October 2015 the AIIMS at Manglagiri was approved by the cabinet at a cost of ₹1,618 crore (equivalent to ₹20 billion or US$280 million in 2019). Construction work on the permanent campus started in September 2017. Meanwhile, AIIMS Manglagiri has commenced the academic session 2018-19 from temporary campus at Siddhartha Medical College. The outpatient department (OPD) at the permanent campus started operating in March 2019.
- "Dr.T S Ravikumar takes charge as president of AIIMS Mangalagiri" (PDF). 31 October 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Appointment of Director, AIIMS cleared". indianmandarins.com. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- "5 more IIMs, IITs and four more AIIMS to be set up". Hindustan Times. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)". Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- "AIIMS begins its journey with induction of 50 students". The Hindu. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "OPD services at AIIMS, Mangalagiri from today". New Indian Express. 12 March 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
|This article about a university or college in Andhra Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|