All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur
AIIMS Raipur Logo
|Motto||Aarogyam Sukha Sampada|
Motto in English
|Health is Wealth and Happiness|
|Established||20 june 2012|
|Endowment||₹11.24 billion (US$160 million) per annum|
|Undergraduates||100 per batch|
|Campus||103.63 acres (0.4 km2)|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur is a medical college and medical research public university located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. Established in 2012, it operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
AIIMS, Raipur is located on GE Road, near the Tatibandh Gurudwara in Raipur. Built at a cost of ₹840 crore (US$120 million), AIIMS Raipur is spread over an area of 103.63 acres (0.4 km2), where the hospital and college complex occupies 63.85 acres (0.3 km2) while residential complex is on 39.78 acres (0.2 km2).
Being located in an easily accessible location in the major city of Raipur, the institute answers to the medical needs of a majority of the population of Central India including Chhattisgarh, parts of eastern Maharashtra (Vidarbha Region), Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
- The institute admitted its first batch of 50 MBBS students in September 2012. Since 2013 it admits 100 MBBS students per year.
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012
This All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012 has replaced the Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. Bill was then introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the Bill on 4 September 2012. Bill got its assent from the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 12 September 2012 and the Act came into force. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be autonomous body corporate on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi.AIIMS (Amendment).
- "Notification of president nomination" (PDF). PMSSY. 31 October 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Built at a cost of Rs840 crore, the Raipur AIIMS is spread over an area of 103.63 acres".
- "Aiims Bhopal to start functioning by July–Aug '12". Hindustan Times. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "City doctor to head Raipur AIIMS". Retrieved 1 July 2007.
- "Five AIIMS students expelled from hostel after ragging complaint - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 30 October 2013.
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". The Pioneer. India. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu. New Delhi, India.
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times. New Delhi, India.
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012" (PDF). Ministry of Law and Justice (India). Retrieved 29 April 2013.