All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, commonly known as AIISH (AYE-SH), is located in Manasagangotri (Mysore University Campus), Mysore, India. It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The institute was established in 1966 with a focus on training professionals for speech and hearing sciences.
- B.ASLP (Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology)
- B.Sc (Speech and Hearing)
- M.Sc (Audiology)
- M.Sc (Speech-Language Pathology)
- B.Ed. - Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
- M.Ed. - Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
- Diploma in Hearing Aid and Earmould Technology (DHAET)
- Diploma in Hearing, Language and Speech (DHLS)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education - Hearing Impairment (DESCE-HI)
- Ph.D (Audiology)
- Ph.D (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Certificate Course for Caregivers of Children with Communication Disorders
AIISH also conducts research in speech-language pathology, audiology, speech sciences, and hearing sciences. Some of the current research activities focus on early identification and genetics of hearing impairment, effectiveness of intervention strategies, development of assessment materials for Indian languages, and speech speaker recognition. It has developed normative data for speech and language acquisition in children for various Indian languages and established a research fund from which small grants are awarded to specialists working in fields such as neurology, genetics, epidemiology, linguistics, otolaryngology, clinical psychology and pediatrics. It also publishes a yearly scholarly journal
AIISH has been recognized as a center of excellence in the area of deafness by World Health Organization (WHO). It has also received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) as a center for advanced research and from the Department of Science & Technology (DST) as a Science and Technology Institute.
AIISH provides clinical services for speech, language, and hearing disorders through its clinical service program. The therapy clinic provides assessment and intervention services, for variety of speech, language, and hearing disorders, to individuals of all ages. It also offers public education programs and conducts workshops for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, educators for the hearing impaired, medical, and allied health professionals.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". minglebox.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". punarbhava.in. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Speech and Hearing in India, SLP Sanjay Kumar with media talking on Puberphonia". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Videos both before and after treatment by a Speech Language Pathologist and an alumnus of this Institute at you tube
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
- Speech-language Pathology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi
- Bhavana - Informational site for the hearing health professionals and consumers
- Asian Indian Caucus