Muslim Students Federation
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from http://www.msfkerala.com/about.php ( · ), possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. (September 2016)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Muslim Students Federation or MSF was officially started at 1 September 1937 under the presidency of Mr. Shafi (Muslim league leader) in Islamia College. Allama Iqbal was elected as Patron in chief, Mr. Hameed Nizami as President and Doctor Abdul Islam Khurshid as General Sectary. First donation for Muslim Student Federation was 100 rupees given by Nawab Sir Shah Nawaz of Mumdot. First constitution for Muslim Student Federation was made by Dr. Illama Muhammad Iqbal. First section of Muslim Student Federation was held in Calcutta in 1937. Federation played key role for independence of Pakistan. Several students leaders reached their glory and became the part of governments. was a prominent student leader of MSF Pakistan with thousands of his followers his name was declared as a top student leader of Pakistan in 2013.[clarification needed] an Indian Muslim students union affiliated with the All India Muslim League. Splitting off from the All India Students Federation in 1937, the body was organised under patronage of Quaid-e-millath Ismail Sahib.
Muslim Students Federation for more than fifty years organised Muslim Students, stating democratic, secular and progressive ideals.
MSF's stated aims were:
- To formulate and implement programmes for the social, cultural, educational and economic uplift of the students especially of Muslims, Dalits and other socially backward sections.
- To envisage scholarship projects and other schemes to assist students who are poor and needy.
- To ensure the representation of student community in various fora, academic and otherwise, to make it helpful to improve their lot.
- To equip the students with religious way of life and to inculcate in them the values of peaceful coexistence and secular outlook.
- To agitate for, and safe guard, the educational rights of minorities and other deprived sections.
- To formulate various programmes to ensure friendship and camaraderie among students and to motivate them to attain excellency and allround efficiency
"MSF" was started in 1937 by Mohammad Amir Ahmad Khan, and was involved in the independence movement. Under the patronage of K. M. Seethi the Malabar District MSF came into existence following a convention of Muslim Students at Himayathul Islam High School, Calicut on 28 February 1942. With the formation of Kerala, State MSF Committee was formed at Alappuzha on 15 October 1958. From then MSF worked in Kerala.
- Upadhyaya, R. (18 July 2006). "Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI)". South Asia Analysis Group. Archived from the original on 2 October 2006.
- Hannan, Mohammad (2012). "Student Politics". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Roy, Ranjit (2012). "All Bengal Muslim Students' Association". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.