All Is Well (2015 film)
|All is Well|
Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||Umesh Shukla|
|Edited by||Sanjay Sankla|
|Distributed by||White Hill Studios|
|Box office||₹18.02 crore|
All Is Well is a 2015 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film directed by Umesh Shukla and produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Shyam Bajaj and Varun Bajaj and co-produced by Ajay Kapoor. It stars Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, and Supriya Pathak in lead roles. The film tackles a thorny issue with a social message similar to Shukla's previous venture OMG – Oh My God!. The official trailer of the film was released on 1 July 2015 on YouTube. The film released on 21 August 2015. This marks the last film appearance of Asin before her marriage with Delhi based businessman Rahul Sharma on 23 January 2016.
The film starts off with Inder Bhalla (Abhishek Bachchan), an aspiring song composer getting kicked out of his house by his father, Bhajanglal (Rishi Kapoor). Bhajanglal runs a bakery that doesn't really "run". He wants Inder to work at the bakery, but due to Inder's ambitions on becoming a successful song composer, he clearly refuses. Bhajanglal finds this an insult and sends Inder out of his house thinking that he is arrogant and selfish. This makes Inder hate his father forever but somewhere inside his soul, Bhajanglal still has love for his son. Inder travels to Thailand with his friend Ronny (Sumeet Vyas) who is also an ambitious song composer. Inder misses his mother, Pammi Bhalla (Supriya Pathak) but hasn't talked to her in many years. Suddenly, Inder gets a phone call from Cheema (Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub).
Cheema lies to Inder that his father has sold his bakery and wants him to get his share. Unknown to this lie, Inder leaves everything and flies back to India. At the airport he hugs his girlfriend Nimmi (Asin) goodbye, little knowing that she is also travelling to India on the same flight. When Inder and Nimmi reach India they catch the same taxi as Nimmi wants to visit Inder's place. Inder drops Nimmi at his place and then goes to visit Cheema. There he sees his father has been abducted by Cheema and his goons. Inder comes to learn of the real truth that over the years his father borrowed lots of money from Cheema due to house needs but couldn't return it. Cheema warns that if he wants himself and his father to stay alive then he'd better arrange money. Inder and Bhajanglal go home to think of something. There, Inder finds out that his mother is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and Bhajanglal sent her to an ashram. Inder thinks that his father was very selfish but he hasn't learnt the truth yet.
Inder, Bhajanglal, Pammi and Nimmi take a road trip to try to run away from Cheema. They go to a bank on their way and want to take Pammi's brother's money, that Pammi has the actual right to. Bhajanglal is made to sign the form due to Pammi's memory loss. There, Inder learns that his father has divorced his mother. This makes his hatred towards his dad increase. Bhalanglal tells Inder that it wasn't his fault and a dark truth was behind his and Pammi's divorce. After restituting what he has learnt, Inder realises that his father was always innocent and starts loving him again. Inder sell all his songs that he had composed to pay back Cheema, gets his parents married again, marries Nimmi, and renovates his father's bakery. The film ends with Inder, Nimmy, Bhajanglal and Cheema (now their friend) working at the bakery and making lots of money.
- Abhishek Bachchan as Inder Bhalla
- Asin Thottumkal as Nimmi
- Rishi Kapoor as Bhajanglal Bhalla
- Supriya Pathak as Parminder (Pammi)
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Cheema
- Seema Bhargava as Mamiji
- Sumeet Vyas as Ronny
- Sonakshi Sinha as an item number Nachan Farrate
Director Shukla spotted many locations for filming in Dubai and different cities in India. After the location was fixed, the whole team including lead actors Abhishek Bachchan and Asin were part of a workshop to prepare shooting for the film.
Following the two-week workshop from 1 October 2013 involving lead actors Asin and Bachchan, the shooting of the film began on the auspicious Eid on 16 October 2013 which was confirmed by Abhishek Bachchan on Twitter. Director Shukla shot the film in Nasik, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Dubai, London, and throughout different cities in India. A part of the filming with Asin was also done in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
The film collected an estimated ₹2.9 crore on opening day, which is among the lowest first day totals of 2015. By the third day, the film was thought to have brought in an additional ₹11.91 crore, and by the end of the fifth day, it was estimated that the film had grossed approximately ₹15.91 crore. By the end of its theatrical run, the film had collected ₹ 18.02 crore worldwide. The satellite, music and overseas rights of the film were sold for ₹25 crore, thus resulting in an overall profit of ₹11.01 crore (as the total production cost was ₹32.9 crore).
Mihir Fadnavis, writing for the Hindustan Times, gave the film a rating of 1 out of 5, commenting that "there is no logic to All is Well, and even less comedy. I left the theatre without having laughed once." The Guardian gave the film 2 out of 5 stars, and said that the film "features mopey tunes, torturous exposition – and cuckoo sound effects to help underperforming gags on their way." Raja Sen, writing for Rediff, summarized it as a "lazy, idiotic film," and rated it 1 out of 5. Srijana Mitra Das of Times of India gave the film 3 stars of 5, praising the performances, but noting that the film seemed dated at times and lacked depth. Bollywood Hungama gave the film 3.5 out of 5, praising the performances of Abhishek and Asin. They further said that, "On the whole, ALL IS WELL is a family entertainer that will effortlessly charm you and gently carve a place in your heart."
|All Is Well|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||20 July 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music for All Is Well is composed by Himesh Reshammiya, Amaal Mallik, Mithoon and Meet Bros Anjjan while lyrics are by Shabbir Ahmed, Mayur Puri and Kumaar. The music rights for the film are acquired by T-Series. The album was released on 20 July 2015.
|1.||"Baaton Ko Teri"||Shabbir Ahmed||Himesh Reshammiya||Arijit Singh||04:40|
|2.||"Mere Humsafar"||Amitabh Verma||Mithoon||Mithoon, Tulsi Kumar||05:53|
|3.||"Nachan Farrate"||Kumaar||Meet Bros Anjjan||Kanika Kapoor, Meet Bros Anjjan||04:34|
|4.||"Chaar Shanivaar"||Shabbir Ahmed||Amaal Mallik||Vishal Dadlani, Rap by: Badshah||03:34|
|5.||"Tu Milade"||Mayur Puri||Himesh Reshammiya||Ankit Tiwari||04:38|
|6.||"YOLO"||Kumaar||Himesh Reshammiya||Sreerama Chandra||03:38|
|All Is Well (Remix Album)|
|Remix album to All Is Well (Original Album) by |
Himesh Reshammiya, Meet Bros Anjjan, Mithoon
|Released||10 August 2015|
|1.||"Baaton Ko Teri" (Remix)||Shabbir Ahmed||Himesh Reshammiya||DJ Paroma Ft Arijit Singh||03:21|
|2.||"Mere Humsafar" (Remix)||Amitabh Verma||Mithoon||DJ J-YA (DJ Jaya) Ft Mithoon & Tulsi Kumar||04:58|
|3.||"Nachan Farrate" (MB Swag)||Kumaar||Meet Bros Anjjan||DJ Chetas Ft Meet Bros Anjjan & Kanika Kapoor||03:53|
- "ALL IS WELL (PG)". British Board of Film Classification. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (28 August 2015). "Box Office Collection: 'Brothers' Beats Piku Record, 'All Is Well' Overtakes 'Manjhi The Mountain Man' in First Week". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Special Features: Box Office: Worldwide Collections of All Is Well – Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. 28 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Abhishek begins shooting for Umesh Shukla's 'Mere Apne' – IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Abhishek Bachchan has jitters on day one of Mere Apne shoot | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- IANS (14 April 2014). "Abhishek Bachchan In Umesh Shukla's 'Mere Apne'". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "All Is Well Poor Start Brothers Drops Further". boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 1 November 2015.
- "KoiMoi – Box Office : Low Weekend For All Is Well, Good Jump For Manjhi The Mountain Man". koimoi.com.
- "Abhishek, Asin's All is Well collects Rs 15.91cr in five days of release". The Indian Express. 26 August 2015.
- "All Is Well box office collection: The Abhishek Bachchan-Asin starrer earns Rs. 18.91 crore in its first week!". bollywoodlife.com. 28 August 2015.
- "All Is Well review: It's so unfunny". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- Mike McCahill. "All is Well review: Abhishek Bachchan's rock star road trip causes cliche gridlock". the Guardian. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "Review: All Is Well is a lazy, idiotic film". Rediff. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "All Is Well Movie Review". The Times of India. 21 August 2015.
- Adarsh, Taran (22 August 2015). "All is Well Review". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 26 March 2016. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "All Is Well Remix". Saavn. 10 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2016.