|All Mornin' Long|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||November 15, 1957|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey|
|Genre||Jazz, hard bop|
|The Red Garland Quintet chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
All Mornin' Long is a jazz album by pianist Red Garland, released in April 1958 on the Prestige label. It features only three pieces, which belong to the hard bop subgenre and distinguish themselves by being fast-paced and bluesy. Critic Ira Gitler found the album satisfactory and said that the title piece was a "many-splendored, deep-dish demonstration of feeling, mood and melody".
- "All Mornin' Long" (Red Garland) – 20:21
- "They Can't Take That Away from Me" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 10:28
- "Our Delight" (Tadd Dameron) – 6:18
- Red Garland – piano
- John Coltrane – tenor sax
- Donald Byrd – trumpet
- George Joyner – bass
- Art Taylor – drums
- DeVito, Chris; Fujioka, Yasuhiro; Schmaler, Wolf; Wild, David (2013). Porter, Lewis (ed.). The John Coltrane Reference. New York/Abingdon: Routledge. p. 490. ISBN 9780415634632. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- "April Album Releases" (PDF). The Cash Box. The Cash Box Publishing Co. Inc. 12 April 1958. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- Allmusic review.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 526. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Original album liner notes.