All My Darling Daughters
|All My Darling Daughters|
Cover of All My Darling Daughters as published by Hakusensha
(Ai Subeki Musume-tachi)
|Written by||Fumi Yoshinaga|
|Published||December 19, 2003|
M. Natali, for BDGest, says that the manga "shows the evolution of the ideals of young girls of today". M. Natali felt the closeup pictures were effective in showing attitudes and emotions but regretted the at times over-long dialogues. The reviewer for Manga News described the story as "sweet and poignant" but not weepy, as there was humour.
Deb Aoki, writing for About.com, says that "we see the life-changing decisions and the complexities of love and family relationships in modern Japan, as only Fumi Yoshinaga (creator of Ooku and Antique Bakery) can tell them". Shaenon Garrity, writing for The Comics Journal, describes the manga as "three generations of mothers and daughters screwing each other up in new and creative ways", and notes that "what goes on between the ears is much wilder, woolier, and scarier than what goes on between the legs".
Marissa Sammy, writing for Sequential Tart, felt the manga was "a hard book to get through, in a way", describing the it as being in a "bruised space, where there are no quick and easy answers but instead the love and frustration and responsibility of real life and real relationships". Holly Ellingwood sums up the manga by saying that it's "five moving tales of the relationships of mothers, daughters, and the love that exists between them." Leroy Douresseaux felt that it sometimes felt like a soap opera but that Yoshinaga's insight made the manga "worth reading". Johanna Draper Carlson felt it was "unusual to see family and relationship conflicts of this type in comics, especially portrayed in such a raw fashion with such insight". Michelle Smith describes Yoshinaga's story as "thoughtful, integrated" and noted Yoshinaga's use of closeups to convey emotion.
- 愛すべき娘たち (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved July 12, 2010.
- "All My Darling Daughters". Viz Media. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- "All My Darling Daughters". Sakka (in French). Archived from the original on October 4, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- 全都因為愛. 尖端出版 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on November 15, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "2004 8th Japan Media Arts Festival Jury Recommended Works". Japan Media Arts Plaza (in Japanese). Archived from the original on February 15, 2012. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "All My Darling Daughters". BD Gest' (in French). November 7, 2006. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "All My Darling Daughters". Manga News (in French). Retrieved November 15, 2011.
"[Critique] All My Darling Daughters". Manga News.
- Aoki, Deb. "2010 Preview: 25 Hot New Manga". About.com. The New York Times Company. p. 2. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- Garrity, Shaenon (December 6, 2009). "Sex and Eclairs and Fumi Yoshinaga". The Comics Journal. Archived from the original on November 15, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Sammy, Marissa (January 11, 2010). "All My Darling Daughters". Sequential Tart. Retrieved Nov 15, 2011.
- Ellingwood, Holly (January 17, 2010). "All My Darling Daughters (Advance Review)". activeAnime. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Douresseaux, Leroy (January 20, 2010). "Fumi Yoshinaga's All My Darling Daughters". Comic Book Bin. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Carlson, Johanna Draper (January 18, 2010). "All My Darling Daughters — Best of 2010". Manga Worth Reading. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Smith, Michelle (January 28, 2010). "All My Darling Daughters". Pop Culture Shock. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved September 19, 2010. Archived July 2, 2010, at WebCite