All My Friends Say
|"All My Friends Say"|
|Single by Luke Bryan|
|from the album I'll Stay Me|
|Released||January 22, 2007|
|Luke Bryan singles chronology|
"All My Friends Say" is a debut song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Luke Bryan. It originally appeared on his 2006 self-titled EP, and was released in January 2007 as the lead-off single for his debut studio album I'll Stay Me. The song became Bryan's first chart entry, spending more than thirty weeks on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, where it reached a peak of number 5. The single also crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100, reaching a peak of number 59. It was written by Bryan, Jeff Stevens and Lonnie Wilson.
The song is part of the tracklist for Now That's What I Call Country.
The song is an up-tempo, country-rock song, telling of a man who has just woken up after a night of drinking at a bar, unable to remember what he had been doing in the bar, and unaware of how he arrived home. In an attempt to find out what happened, he asks several of his friends, all of whom tell him that he began drinking heavily upon seeing his former lover with another man.
Regarding the song, Bryan has said: "It's one of those songs that people just seem to relate to when they hear it. It's about waking up in a rocking chair somewhere and wondering what in the heck went on the night before. It's about seeing your ex in a bar with someone new... We've all been there and had those kinds of experiences."
Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a B rating. He said the only problem with the song is the production. He then goes on to say that "it tries a little too hard to show 'attitude', and ends up making Bryan’s vocal sound more timid than it actually is." 
"All My Friends Say" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of February 10, 2007. On the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of August 18, 2007, the song debuted at number 90.
|US Billboard Hot 100||59|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Lounges, Tom (2007-08-31). "This Georgian just peachy to country fans". Munster (Indiana) Times. Retrieved 2007-09-07.[dead link]
- Coyne, Kevin John (2007-01-25). "Luke Bryan - "All My Friends Say"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Luke Bryan – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Luke Bryan. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- "Luke Bryan – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Luke Bryan. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Luke Bryan – All My Friends Say". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 17, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH